Look What Dan Sent me!

Hey guys--Dan designed this 3V knife called the Scout just for us. Take a look.

dk_scout_bcm_p.jpg

Thanks for posting the pic, Derrick. :thumbup:

Dan

Very nice. I really like the design of that one, handy and small enough to forget about but big enough to handle quite a bit of work.

Great "in-hand" pic. That about sums it up!

That's so odd. I can see the photo browsing on my phone, but not on my computer. Thanks for posting it. :)

I'm about to pick one of these up. Looks like a great little knife. I was just wondering what the blade depth (spine to edge) measures. If either Dan or Derrick could chime in I would appreciate it.

It's just under 3/4" from spine to edge.

Dan

Had to grab one of these in BCM. Should be here Tuesday. Can't wait!

I was looking at these yesterday! Is there any way to order the knife without a sheath, though? If I ordered one, I'd probably get some kydex made for it. And do you have any idea of the thickness behind the edge?

ETA: Since the knife drops straight into the cutting edge without a guard, would it even be possible to make a Kydex sheath for it? How would the Kydex hold the knife?

Last edited:
I too would like to get one without the sheath. The leather sheath is the one reason I've been holding off. I would prefer to have some kydex made for it.

Got mine today! Awesome little knife. It's a bit longer than a Candiru but more compact than an Izula, just perfect IMO. The jimping by far is the best I have on any knife, as well.

ad9DZ.jpg

gJWzp.jpg

The handles are wider on the butt end than towards the blade and are nicely rounded.
5uMTs.jpg

ZDrWN.jpg

There's an art to a good looking stonewash, and these are perfect. Unfortunately there's also an art to photography, and I am no good at it, but here's an attempt to show how it looks:
A20Zm.jpg

9IuIS.jpg

Small fixed blade lovers should jump at this one.

Back