• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Look what I found -- 18" AK by Sher. Anybody want it. Pix.

View

Here is an 18 inch Ang Khola made and marked by Sher. Vikash and I were taking inventory and discovered it at the bottom of the pile. I had to chuckle when I took it out of the scabbard. Nobody before or since made khukuris as heavy as Sher. This one weighs almost 3 pounds and is 11/16 of an inch thick at the back of the blade! Typical Sher.

Karda and chakma are heavy and well done. Scabbard is okay but made before sarki with no name took over and is not tooled. Frog is early version of HI superfrog.

This is the last khukuri made by Sher and will go on a first come, first served basis for regular price of $145.

Call or email if interested.

------------------
Blessings from the computer shack in Reno.

Uncle Bill
Himalayan Imports Website
Khukuri FAQ
Himalayan Imports Archives (33,000 + posts)
Himalayan Imports Shopping Site

Looks like a beautiful effort by "The Master of Mass". It should get the work done!

------------------
"To Know and to Act are One"

Intrested, yes...money, no.
There are some downfalls to being in college.
One is your HIKV dosen't take full advantage of all your cash because your school does.

Yet on the other hand a college education will allow you later in life to buy more knives with the increased income you will recieve.

Yes, things are looking up today.

I'm surprised this gem is lasting this long!

------------------

For some of us, big is beautiful.

------------------

Uncle, I realize that Sher made this one a long time ago, but is Sher back? Has he been back recently? Does he come back from time to time, or drop in at all? I know he's working on his farm mostly now, but I hope you'll let me know ASAP if he (or Kumar!) ever pops in to pound out a khuk or two.

It's "plantation" time as they say in Nepal and I suspect Sher is busy planting. This knife has been hiding and to the best of my knowledge Sher has not been back to make any knives. Gelbu has been buying horn in India so my news from BirGorkha is very limited and they don't put much importance on visitors.

I only know we got our electricity back and finally learned that the kami with no name is a team of three kamis who always work together. They are also farmers like Sher but leave the farms, come up and work for a week or two to get some cash, return to work the farm, and back again. They have the system down pretty well and do good work.

I wish they would go full time but the land has always been there and will be there when we are all gone and there are no more khukuris to be made so I understand the value and importance they put on their farms and I can't blame them for wanting to keep them going for future generations.

------------------
Blessings from the computer shack in Reno.

Uncle Bill
Himalayan Imports Website
Khukuri FAQ
Himalayan Imports Archives (33,000 + posts)
Himalayan Imports Shopping Site

[This message has been edited by Bill Martino (edited 04-30-2001).]

Sher made some great knives. I hope he comes back. One of my favorites was a 15" BAS built to Sher specs (read: it was a heavy SOB) It was beautifully made, very well balanced and was on par with with my favorite 15" AK. I gave it to my old partner the last time I saw him in the spirit of brotherhood and friendship. While I know that it has a very good home I do miss it some!

Hey Uncle Bill, do you have any more laying around that weigh that much? I was thinking that I wanted a big one probably around 3 pounds or so. I would not be using this as a tool. Merely as decoration. But if it came down to it, I am more than strong enough to wield something as heavy as that.(I'm 6'5" 275lbs)
thanks

Brad

------------------
93 Z28

I've got one too. I love the knife-all three pounds of it. If you drop it watch your toes
wink.gif
Matthew

------------------
By the way which one's Pink?

Back