1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking Ahead

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Jul 3, 2018.

1. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    As I’ve mentioned, I have no new orders coming in, so I’m looking at plans for the future. I’ve been digging through my patterns in the shop and looking at some early designs. I’m thinking I might try to bring some of them back into production. Most of the people currently on here are newer members, very few of my old customers are around anymore, so they might be interested in some of them.
    Just rambling.

2. B JACKSON

B JACKSON

Sep 19, 2012
    Will you be bringing back the really old ones in knapped flint?

greatscoot and mykel m like this.
  3. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    With dinasaur bone handles.

Wurrwulf and mykel m like this.
  4. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    This is a good opportunity for the Budget Hunter you were looking at in the picture thread.

JK Knives likes this.
  5. ty_higg

ty_higg Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2011
    That would be cool to see! Your older designs are what made me want a JK years ago

6. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    I actually found a blank I must have ground out when I was just doing this as a hobby. When I first started I was using a 1” x 42” belt grinder in the basement, way too dusty so I bought more equipment and moved to the garage. I found the blank in a drawer in the workbench in the basement. It might be the next serial numbered limited run.

ty_higg, Phill50 and Wurrwulf like this.