Looking back at John's work of 2009

With the year comming to an end, what knives did you have John make for you?

2009 was my first year of buying customs. These are what John made up for me.:thumbup:

100_1337.jpg

Hopefully this economic mess clears up in 2010 so I can add more to John's bottom line in the comming year.:D

(Haven't been able to buy a JK for myself since my AK EDC :grumpy::eek: )

The year started off with a JK Anniversary Knife (no. 11 in the series), with black micarta handles. This has become my go-to hiking knife.

Sept52009058.jpg

The last thing I needed to get this year was a heavy chopper / camp knife, as I already had a few. But then John went ahead and designed his Hudson Bay model, and it turned out that I really needed one - with a 7" blade, rough finish on the flats, and a gorgeous torched oak handle. I love this knife!

Thanksgiving2009016.jpg

My most recent acquisition was a mini Hudson Bay fire kit, with walnut handles. This is a handy little knife that opens boxes and envelopes at the office and helps me to start fires in the bush.

FirekitandKolapore005.jpg

In 2010, I'm looking forward to adding a scandi to my JK collection.

All the best,

- Mike

This year was also my first year of buying custom knives. First it was an order for a fire kit and custom, then this EDC. I look forward to recieving the camp knife from John.

DSC01091.jpg

Maybe I should buy a decent cam next.

He made me a Kephart, Combat / Survival, and a Bowie! From what I`ve heard, he`s a helluva nice guy. ;)

71gtom.jpg

Last edited:
'09 Started with my Neckmuk
DSC03867.jpg

Hatchet and Tin Knife
DSC04141.jpg

More Tin Knives
DSC04165.jpg

The Three Amigos. My AK #1, EDC, and ....don't remember the name of the small guy...
DSC04294.jpg

Then my BIG AK
PB290049.jpg

Skeleton Necker
DSC05400.jpg

Sketched this one for my firekit, best damn kit knife I have ever used. John did a great job on it.
DSC05365.jpg

Handleless knife contest
PB290012.jpg

Last, but not least... my KEPHART!!!
PB290002.jpg

These get used daily and have been with me every day since I got them.
jks123109.jpg

Was that the one that will be a one and only?

Hi folks -

I just came on the scene here late this year, and so I have only bought one knife from Stomper that I gave away as a gift this Christmas. It was the Keychain Companion -

JK_wallpaper2.jpg

JK_wallpaper7.jpg

I do, however, have three JK Customs ordered for the coming months. I can't wait!

best regards -

mqqn

Wish I could be some help but it seems like knives I believe should sell well don't. It's not only you though, I see it in other places and other trades. Two makers can offer similar items with one keeping a back log at a much higher price than the other selling at a fair price.

Back