Looking for 4.7 &4.1 comparison pics

Here are a few. I'll post a few more tomorrow

Here are a few of the 4.7 and the 5.1

Here are a few photos with other knives I would consider EDC knives.

SR101 RMD and 5.1

The next photos best represents great comparison sizewise to the 4.7 for EDC. The last photo has 2 Busses (TB AND Jack) that might be a little too big for EDC.
Busse SOB, LT Wright GNS BHK Woodsman Pro, LT Wright Lagom & Fallkniven F1

Viper Setter and Golia

Busse Tank Buster, SJ TAC CG, BATAC LE & Blackheart Gunner 10

I've been keeping my eyes open for a Satin Jack after our last discussion. I need one like a hole in the head, but I have a feeling you understand where I'm coming from V.

Those pictures make me smile btw :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing more pics of your collection OBX.
It seems like you just about have a complete Survive! museum there!!

I've been keeping my eyes open for a Satin Jack after our last discussion. I need one like a hole in the head, but I have a feeling you understand where I'm coming from V.

Those pictures make me smile btw :thumbup:
- LOL, yes I do, the SJ is Busse's best knife!!!

Thanks for sharing more pics of your collection OBX.
It seems like you just about have a complete Survive! museum there!!
- Thanks, not quite a complete museum but I am trying!!

What do you think of the Vipers, OBX? Seems like the cutting edge is well behind your fingers (I'm not a fan, I like a little more edge forward). Thoughts?

Both are really nice knives. Even Guy liked them. I've used the Golia a ton and it's a beast. I don't like the cure of the knife for sharpening reasons but it's a minor issue. I prefer 3v over the D2 of the Golia for retention, corrosion resistance and sharpening. However these are high quality knives made by Lion Steel in Italy. The Setter is a hunting knife, and is made of good stainless steel. It would be a good mid sized EDC, it's light and holds an edge well. I would change the handles to something closer to the Golia. Anyway, I think the Golia is comparable to the 5 or 4.7. It's heavier than the 4.7. The scales are nice a tacky and the blade finish is pretty tough. I've batoned, carved, cut and chopped with it and it's pretty easy to get a very sharp edge with a strop. I am not sure what you mean by "the cutting edge is well behind your fingers" but the knife can be safely gripped many ways. Hope this feedback helps.

By "behind" your fingers I mean.... imagine using the knife on a cutting board. Your knuckles would be on the board with a gap still under the blade. The edge of the blade is above the axis of your fingers/knuckles when gripping the knife.

A chef knife or a chopper has an edge forward geometry, and the 4.7 is pretty neutral.

I am sorry I don't know the proper term here. Also, it's only a curiosity. That's the beauty of knives... we have different ones for different tasks! There is probably a theory about the edge placement and how much it will fatigue your hand and wrist after extended use. I imagine those Vipers are pretty good in that regard.

Thanks

Back