Recommendation? Looking for a 32" double bit handle

Just managed to score a True Temper Kelly Perfect. I have always wanted to own one of these. Now I am looking for a 32" haft, and don't seem to be able to find one. Any ideas about where to pick one of these up? I'm not set up to make one at this point.

Try a drift pick handle from House. They come 34" but the shoulder is large enough to drop it down to a 32".

The real beauty of a 'straight' is you can adapt anything, just as Square_Peg suggests, and you don't have to get overly fussy about grain orientation. I scooped up an overly thick maul handle last year from a small store near Bobby Orr's hometown of Parry Sound (a Home Hardware outlet in MacTier) only because the grain was lovely and there was abundance of wood to be taken off rather than wood that I wished was there.

Thanks! Their website looks great. I am not sure they ship to Canada, but have sent them an email.

Beaver Tooth might have 32" double bits but I believe that House carries 36" and 30" double bit handles. I might be wrong too.

If you try House Handle another option might be their Pulaski handles - the two I have used look like beefed up double bits and where over-sized in the width in both direction. A guy could shore one of those up and hang lower on a newly made shoulder.

The 30" House Handle octagonal I have is nicer than most of what I have to put on it for what it's worth.

*edit to add a picture of the 30" dbl bit- Walters head is just sitting on it for scale.

5crx6tP.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I put a HH 30" octagonal on my first DB. It felt a little short. Put a HH 36" on my second DB and it felt way too long. Beaver Tooth looks good except for the crazy shipping cost to Canada. Might be cheaper to order 3 handles with the TT Kelly Perfect on its way.

Back