Looking for a Benchmade Gaucho CPM-M4

From a dealer it was $149.00.

$110.00 is what I have found so far. Almost new, just has an edge for an EdgePro on it. Really good shape. I still want to find one lower then that since your going to grind it.

110 is a fair price for one. Just tell him I'll take it.

Hey man, Sorry I haven't been around the past few day. I got reassigned at work so I'm kinda busy. You still want the Goucho??

Finally got me a Benchmade M4 Gaucho. Thanks for the hookup Tiny! Primary grind is a little thick for my taste. May decide to regrind the whole blade later. Took out the blade and dunked it into my cryo tank.

5624992987_ca2bee610d_b.jpg

Not really, just something that I want. I like axis lock folders and the BM940 is one of my favorite. This one is very similar with a M4 blade.

M4 is tough stuff :thumbup:

I'll show you my CPM M-4 folder when i get it. :yawn: It's on its way back from DLC coating to the maker (Andrew Demko) :cool:

hi ban!

tiny - I cant pm you as you are only a registered member.. so..is there another gaucho still around?

And my 760LFTI is M4.. sort or newer steel to me.. is it like a tool steel???

tiny - I cant pm you as you are only a registered member.. so..is there another gaucho still around?

And my 760LFTI is M4.. sort or newer steel to me.. is it like a tool steel???

I don't think so. That was the last one that my buddy had for sale.

M4 is whats called a "high speed tool steel." High speed steel has a higher amount of tungsten in it. Tungsten has about a 9000 degree melting point, meaning it stays hard and keeps an edge at higher temperatures then most steels. What this means it great edge retention!

It wasn't too bad to sharpen. But then again, I am using a belt grinder ;)

Finally got me a Benchmade M4 Gaucho. Thanks for the hookup Tiny! Primary grind is a little thick for my taste. May decide to regrind the whole blade later. Took out the blade and dunked it into my cryo tank.

5624992987_ca2bee610d_b.jpg

The edge looks great! Congrats on finally scoring one.

Back