Looking for a good sheath for my Spirit

Want one with a clip or snap closier, preferably nylon. I'm not too happy with the stock velcro sheath. Any recommendations? Thanks, Dylan.

I can't think of any nylon sheaths with a snap closure. I use my Spirit with a Leatherman Wave Nylon sheath. It has a far broader patch of velcro and better closure than the stock Vic sheaths.

I can't think of any nylon sheaths with a snap closure. I use my Spirit with a Leatherman Wave Nylon sheath. It has a far broader patch of velcro and better closure than the stock Vic sheaths.

Not sure if they are still supplied, but the nylon sheath that came with a Swisstool I once had was fitted with a snap closure. I really liked it (better than the Swisstool, actually) and used it for other multitools as well. It accepted a Super Tool, some other Leathermans I tried and a Spirit, although loosely. Check Vic to see if it is still available.

but the nylon sheath that came with a Swisstool I once had was fitted with a snap closure.

I got my tool a couple of years ago. It came with a brown leather sheath, with velcro closure. The velcro patch was quite small and opened too easily which is why I switched to the leatherman one. I did check out the vic nylon sheath at the time, and it had the same small velcro closure as the leather one.

shootist16

knife law moderator
I'm bringing this one bttt. I have a Spirit S on the way and would like a good sheath, leather or nylon, with a snap. Any ideas?

Esav Benyamin

MidniteSuperMod
Here ya go: http://www.countycomm.com/padknifecase.htm

I just slipped my Swisstool Spirit into one and it is a perfect fit. The knife case has a velcro and snap closure, with a tab to help pull it open. You can use it for horizontal or vertical belt carry or attach it to MOLLE webbing.

JRE Industries might have something, or you can check the sheath making sub-forum and get somebody to make you one.

If you can't find exactly what you're looking for, you might try a DIY project by adding a side release buckle to a nylon velcro sheath with some nylon webbing, needle, and thread. For example, an Eagle nylon sheath, and 1/2" nylon webbing with buckle, and you end up with something similar to the cell phone case shown next to it...

CIMG6527.jpg

shootist16

knife law moderator
I'm bringing this thread bttt. My Spirit is going strong, but I need another sheath. I really want one with a snap.