Looking for a knife shop

MNH

In a month or so I am going to be driving from the east coast to Colorado, and would like to find a good knife shop (or several) to visit in Route. I generally travel on I 70 or I 80 out one way, back the other.

This isn't a sight seeing trip so I really don't want to wander too far afield, however, I would really like to get into a shop with a good inventory.

I look forward to your recomendations.
smile.gif

So is the COORS beer plant. Plese visit in the correct order
smile.gif

Gester

------------------
AKTI Member #A000190
It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

So is the COORS beer plant. Plese visit in the correct order
smile.gif

Gester

------------------
AKTI Member #A000190
It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Grand Praire Knives in Troy IL.You should be able to locate it on a map.It would apear close to St. Louis Mo. but only on the IL side,maybe 30mi east or so.You can see the store from the interstate,which is I55-70.They have alot of knives in stock.
scott w

Golden would be well worth the stop. Is there a retail shop at Spyderco? Do they enjoy entertaining chance visitors? or is it an imposition?

I normally drink Coors lite at home. I'm trying to preserve my girlish figure.

I would love to find the place that makes "Fat Tire Ale". If they give out free samples I'll move in for a week!

Scott, Grand Praire Knives in Troy IL. sounds like exactly what I am looking for. I've driven the route over 20 times and can just about picture where they are. I'll have to play with my timing to make sure I go through while they are open.

MNH

Right now I think they are closed on Sunday and Monday but I think they may be opened on Sundays in another month.Hope you get a chance to stop in.It is a first class knife store.
scott w

Maybe I'll give them a call before I take off. If they have caller ID on there phone I should give them a little supprise.

Thanks Scott.

Still looking for other ideas if anyone knows of somewhere else.

MNH

Back