Looking for a neck knife

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a new "neck knife" used for simple edc tasks and so on. I'm looking for a blade under 3 inches with made of a steel with decent edge retention and sharpening capabilities, I'm not looking for a super steel. Handle material, if any, doesn't really matter to me. Weight also doesnt matter. Here's the killer... $60 bucks or under. I've been thinking of the izula and candiru. Work your magic guys. Thanks!

I tried many and settled on a Buck Hartsook since weight did matter to me. Very light, sharp, takes an edge well and with an aftermarket thin sheath has been great for me.

Maybe take a look at the custom fixed blade forum. There are lots of nice neckers that I have seen that can meet your requirements.

Maybe take a look at the custom fixed blade forum. There are lots of nice neckers that I have seen that can meet your requirements.

This. I have bought several neck knives from makers on this forum. Even sold my Izula 2 because it was collecting dust.

I'd grab a Blackjack 155 Necker. They run under $60 and are 154CM, not carbon steel. You can get micarta scales like all the other neckers too if that's your bag.

I have a blackjack 155 and I love it, carry mine in a KSF city sheath currently, but the kydex they come with would be great if you wanted to neck carry the knife.
Also, the Svord EDC is a sweet little fixed blade. They take an edge well and (I convexed mine) take a beating well. I believe I got mine for $35. They come with a paracord wrapped handle and a lightweight leather sheath (or yellow plastic if you want). The steel is L6 (knives are made in New Zealand) so it's not stainless, but the ease of sharpening makes you want to use it, so rust isn't much of an issue in my experience.

If you really want to neck carry something though, again, I'd suggest the blackjack 155 (if you can find one) as the 154CM with a convex grind is a great rust resistant steel and they arrive shaving sharp.
C

I really like my Izula but if I was looking for another smaller neck type knife I know I personally would get something from Michael Morris. He makes some very nice neck knives in that price range.

Try the kabar Becker bk11 or the bk14 both can be picked up for under $50 and are good neck knives

Kabar Becker BK24- it's a bit over $50 and comes in D2, a very tough steel that takes a beating well and holds a decent edge for a long, long time. It has the added benefit of being far closer to stainless than 1095 carbon steel, which is what the other Becker series neck knives are in.

Back