Looking for a new fixedblade in the $100 range

Whats up, all?
I am looking to pick up something new to my collection. I have been into knives for a long time, but recently things have been getting a bit boring. So, I am looking to add another piece to the collection.
My requirements
- Fixed blade
- Mid sized (not strict)
- Most important; make it unique. I want something interesting to add to my collection

So far I have
- Spyderco Street Bowie.
Lets see what you guys have got!

Well, my first thought in that price range is always Street Beat or Bowie. You've got that one covered.

If you can still find them around BK15. Absolutely fantastic knife. Add some micarta handles and you're still under budget. I scored the 15 here on the exchange for $38(was a lucky find), micarta was $35ish I think. Maybe a little less. I spent almost double that on a custom sheath. Definitely didn't need to at all. The sheath is amazing though, made by the 710 here on the forum.

I can get some comparison pics if you like.

How do you plan on using the knife? Survival? Or are you just looking for a new toy? :D Mid sized to me is 4-5' blade.

Honestly, my first thought was the Spyderco Ronin 2. I love Spyderco and wharncliffe blades. Only complaint I have is the thin handle. I don't know if you want to avoid since you have a Spyderco already.

I haven't handled one but the Boker Arbolito Buffalo Soul is Bohler 695 steel and the Boker Plus Mako and Colubris look interesting. I have a few Boker Plus and their 440C isn't bad.

You can always go Becker or ESEE too.

Becker BK11, micarta scales and a custom sheath. Those 3 might land you close to $100.

The SOG Kiku is a unique fixed blade around $100, comes with a sheath too. I like the unique looks of some of the Japanese knife maker's designs.

Midsize would be 7 inch for me
So a Bk7 or the Buck 124 both can be found for a buck or less
Whats midsize for U
and end use most important
good luck with your search

I just got this Muela. It's a beautiful knife, and it's unique. Not exactly sure what I'm going to use it for but I like having it.
You may be looking for something a bit more practical, don't know, just a suggestion. Cost a little over 80 shipped, with a nice leather sheath.

images-1.jpeg

I just got this Muela. It's a beautiful knife, and it's unique. Not exactly sure what I'm going to use it for but I like having it.
You may be looking for something a bit more practical, don't know, just a suggestion. Cost a little over 80 shipped, with a nice leather sheath.

images-1.jpeg

Those are beautiful knives, was just checking out their website.... Amazing how inexpensive they are for how dang nice they look.

I'd say go Spyderco again. Too many great options in that price range to pass.

20151209_160252_zpsxsvvhmcn.jpg

Never handled the Ronin, but for $100 the Aqua Salt is HARD to beat.

20150904_105331_zpszcyoe2h3.jpg

20150904_110047_zpss7yfbpe0.jpg

My favorite fixed blade.

20151209_155706_zpsvdduqb7a.jpg

Great sheath, excellent ergonomics (it's a Spydie) and brutal cutting power.

20150904_103141_Burst01_zpsu4d8dhpd.jpg

Excellent steel, mainenace free, easy to Sharpen.

20150909_111506_zpsqq4aezte.jpg

Serrated, of course...it's tougher than it looks.

20150904_103034_zpse0mgudpx.jpg

Great kitchen/camp/SD/general EDC blade.

20150904_101938_zpsglnf5i3j.jpg

While it isn't "unique", the Enzo Trapper is a great knife for $100.

Fixed blades that have caught my interest in that price range are the:
Ka-bar EK-44
Spyderco Aqua Salt
Svord Bowie

Good luck in your search.

Something interesting and fun.... Condor Moonshiner. If you like knives, you'll certainly fondle it even if you don't use it.

Option one is too expensive. Option too isn't quite to my taste. Thanks anyhow!

Can't post links to or mention non sponsored dealers, but while $130-150 is the standard going rate, if you shop around you can find great deals on the BM Saddle Mountains, actually just checked verify, and seen the skinner in stock somewhere for $105, definitely within the $100 range.

I threw koa out there just since they have a few different options, in both d2 and s30v, that fall on either side if the $100 mark.

Last edited:
Hello OP.

The (true Canadian Belt knife) is still on my "to buy" list. I do have a (Custom) Canadian "style" Hunting Knife however, it's a little bit too mid size for use as an EDC, however, it's a beautiful knife!

http://brianefrosknives.com/blog/wp...065_682171328506918_6546590172150619674_n.jpg

http://fotos.miarroba.es/fo/dfa7/355474A20317543417EF31543416A1.jpg

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1246235-Canadian-belt-knife-suggestions

http://www.traditionalwoodworker.com/images/910-6381-lg.jpg

The Skinner

$44.95

Originally manufactured by R. Murphy for Herter's, Inc. (the George L. Herter Knife).

The Skinner has been a popular classic from the start.
-Elliptical blade and slightly offset handle reduce cutting drag.
-Gut, skin or cape (without compromising the integrity of the meat).
-Carbon steel blade stays sharp longer and re-sharpens easily in the field.
-Comfortable in any hand in any position.
-Exceptional balance and feel.
Wood handles offered in four differently richly grained hardwoods: Zebrawood, Chechen, Honduran Rosewood, Cocobolo.

Happy hunting!

Regards,
HARDBALL

Back