Looking for a Pen

Rite in the Rain. Nitrogen charged like the Fisher Space Pens. I've have the same Rite in the Rain bullet pen (I tossed the clip ages ago). Since 2005. Carried it every day since then. Rides in my left front pocket with my knife and flashlight.

Last edited:
Rite in the Rain. Nitrogen charged like the Fisher Space Pens. I've have the same Rite in the Rain bullet pen (I tossed the clip ages ago). Since 2005. Carried it every day since then. Rides in my left front pocket with my knife and flashlight.
If I'm not mistaken, The Rite in the rain pens are made by Fisher and their twist pencils are Autopoint which is another made in US company.

Last edited:
CDE57444-6958-4963-BFA3-7AFFF1DB7BCE.jpeg A8B89332-09F8-41C4-BFA0-41DAE6D60519.jpeg My two favorites. The Tactile Turn Glider (in brass) takes Pilot G2 refills, and is reasonably priced.
The Prometheus Writes (in EN Aluminum and copper) take Montblanc refills only and cost quite a bit more. I carry mine the same way you do, and both work great. The Prometheus have titanium clips and the Glider has a stainless steel one.

Thanks again for the help. I ended up with a Fisher bullet space pen, no clip. It's small enough to drop in my pocket to ride along with my chapstick and tiny flashlight. I'm definitely going to check out others, that Tactile Turn Glider probably to stick in my computer bag.

Chalk up another fan of the Tactile Turn Glider. These are fairly inexpensive for nice pens, and the Pilot G2 refill is both a great writer and a very common, inexpensive refill. My preference is the 0.38-mm ultrafine point. I have a stainless Glider with a Damasteel button that I carry everywhere in a little leather sleeve.

Well this rapidly became a problem. I also got a Pilot Kakuno fountain pen, and it's kinda like a slightly bigger Fisher space pen in terms of size in my pocket. But it is like 1000x better to write with. I had never used a fountain pen before.

The Böker K.I.D. Cal. 50 is great and used to be my workshop pen. Now I mainly run a titaner Lotus. If you want a cheaper pen the Böker Rocket is nice.
qlV09ZC.jpg

They usually all come with pocket Clips, with the .50 in Carbon one of the clip screws gave in when I disassembled it - the Ti was fine.
All of them take standart refills

Edit: the Lotus also sports a glass-breaker

I stopped carrying expensive pens. Its to hard not to let someone borrow it and the stress wasn't worth it. Just carry a bic gel pen or a mini sharpie in my edc pouch now.

Back