Looking for a replacement watch strap, any suggestions?

I've had this watch for a while and the bracelet is all scratched up. I'm not interested in the same exact one, cuz the same scratching up would happen again. I was looking for a leather or nato cloth looking strap.

Any go-to companies, stores, or places to look? My only other watch is a regular gshock. Not much of a watch guy, I was hoping for some general direction.

It is a G Shock GW - 4000D [5087]

Thanks in advance!

bfmhViR_d.webp

wpmoVSy_d.webp

Jx11lO4_d.webp

Ps2LJtC_d.webp

aX1WF9o_d.webp

Last edited:
I used to go through several watch bands every year. Saw some Maractac bands, I thought they were a bit expensive for a nylon band. I went a head and got one of the NATO style one. Worth every penny. 8-9 years later, my watch died. The band is still useable. You can get them at countycomm.com. They have the NATO style and also ZULU bands.

Good company, haven't has any problems with them. The quality of stuff they have there is very good.

This is a watch with standard lugs.

lug_width.jpg

Simple, straightforward: measure the distance between the lugs and you'll find hundreds of readymade straps and bracelets for sale.

Your watch, like many Casio watches, does NOT have standard lugs, and most of the readymade straps and bracelets won't work. Here's what you can do.

Your GW4000D-1A had a cheaper sister model, GW4000-1A, with a typical Casio "resin" (PVC) strap. Run a search for Casio #10397883 and you should find one for $20 or $30 shipped. Warning you in advance, it is not a perfect fit. The PVC strap is one or two millimeters narrower than the bracelet. Casio used some decorative washers to take up the slop and you won't be able to find them. Your alternative is to find a leatherworker who does watch straps and will make a custom strap for your watch. You could recoup some or all of the cost by selling your bracelet on eBay.

I have several NATO bands by BluShark and they have all been great.

Hey guys, just take a look at what he's got!

Jx11lO4_d.webp

How the heck is he going to put a NATO strap on that?

A good leather worker could make a custom strap, maybe. That weird lug design doesn't give a lot of room to work with. Or he could have the bracelet and case bead blasted to remove the PVD black coating, which would obviously remove the scratches in that PVD black coating. Should cost about $60, cheaper than a custom strap.

But it sounds like he's sick of the bracelet and wants to move on. The positive thing about selling the bracelet is that it was an expensive bracelet and it's out of production. It should be easy to sell, even scratched, and that would recoup most of the cost of a custom strap — assuming that leather is a practical option.

Hi The_Knife_Man,

There are several options that might work for you. Try searching online or contact Casio customer service for different strap options from Casio. They might have options for your particular watch or straps from other models that will fit your watch. Most likely it will be a resin strap. Another option, aftermarket converters that will allow you to attach either regular two-piece straps or one-piece nylon (NATO, ZULU) straps.

If those are 16mm lugs then Maratac makes G-shock adapters. Swap those on and run a NATO strap.

Those plastic adapters for 5600 and 5610 G-Shocks don't work on this $500 steel pilot watch. Casio's #10397883 PVC "resin" strap can still be found. Here is a photo guide to the strap/bracelet swap. Be careful, don't strip the band screws! You need an Allen hex key and it has to be the exact size.

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/gw-4000-bracelet-change.972816/

This is OP's watch with the bracelet replaced by the PVC strap. It looks good enough to me.

https://www.watchuseek.com/attachments/p1050436-jpg.906113/

Back to the 5600 and 5610 G-Shocks. Most of us have owned one of these. Most of us would prefer an alternative to the PVC strap. Some of us would prefer a steel case and bracelet, but don't have $500 for a Japanese domestic market GMW-B5000D-1JF. Well now there is an alternative.

Link removed, read the site rules.

Thanks to the moderator for not infracting my mistake.

On Ali Express, you will find dealers selling a mod for 5600 and 5610 G-Shocks. They don't know what to call it and neither do I, but English was my first language and I'll try calling it a super bezel. It's a big honking bezel that snaps down over the watch body like a stainless steel shell. It has lugs for a fairly standard stainless steel bracelet. Run a search on "watchband bezel case 5600 5610" or "watchband bezel case g-shock" depending on how much you want to see.

The super bezel and bracelet together are $50–$60 depending on the dealer. They're probably all from the same factory in Guangdong, but there are all kinds of people selling the same thing on Ali Express: some are honest merchants and some are crooks. It's just like shopping on eBay.

Last edited:
Back