Looking for a small folder

K.O.D.

Manatee Of Death
Platinum Member
I'm looking to get a small, modern folder, blade length 2.5" or less for when I travel into Chicago proper.

Must be a modern, locking folder.

No S30V
No Chinese steel
Tip up pocket clip.

I lost my Spyderco Dragonfly ZDP-189 when I moved last summer. I've yet to replace it.

I've been contemplating another dragonfly, possibly the H1 Spyder edge. Just wish it wasn't that attention grabbing yellow.

It got me wondering about other options. I don't wanna spend more than say $130, as I haven't worked in 8 months.

Thanks y'all.

Sent via carrier pigeon

Honestly the Dragonfly is probably your best bet in that price range. I'd stick with the ZDP-189. I have a serrated H1 and I don't find it as useful. Another option might be a Cricket if you like the blade shape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The obvious choices are the Spyderco Khar Arms Delica, the Spyderco Cat, and the Spyderco Chicago

Hey KOD!! Hope you're feeling well brother.
How bout a Chap? I have one in XHP and CF and that little thing is a super slicing monster!!
Really nice looking also!
Got mine in the Exchange for a bit under $100.
Joe

Get another Dragonfly.

Spyderco's FRN handles are easy to dye with RIT and the Salt's yellow yields some nice results, especially fades.

Lionsteel Mini: D2 steel, tip-down carry, 2.4 inches, it's a linerlock and it's about $80 depending on specifics.

lion-steel-mini-8210-cb.jpg

Look at the Cold Steel mini Lawman. Don t know about the mini, but the full size Lawman is one fine knife.

My favorite Chicago knives are the Cold Steel Tuff Lite and the Spyderco Cat (the Cat is wearing custom paper micarta scales made by the awesome spketch and yes the scales cost more than the knife did):

gPzHOE8.jpg

60AMt1x.jpg

Hey KOD!! Hope you're feeling well brother.
How bout a Chap? I have one in XHP and CF and that little thing is a super slicing monster!!
Really nice looking also!
Got mine in the Exchange for a bit under $100.
Joe
Well I like the chap, but I'm wondering if in the rare event I'm asked about it, will the officer differentiate between the blade length and cutting edge length...

Sent via carrier pigeon

Back