Looking for an EDC folder

So I have been searching for a new edc folder to get for Christmas. I have a griptilian that I really like, the axis lock is amazing, but the I dislike the cheap feel of the handle.

I like heavier knives that can take a beating.
Also has to be one-handed opening.
Grind type is not a too big of a deal, nor is tip down/up carry
And also looking for a price of under $100

Anyone have any good suggestions?

Thanks for your time

timberweasel

Platinum Member
A lot of places are blowing out their old stock AUS8 Cold Steel folders for a song. Might be worth a look. Well made and ridiculously tough knives...

Good luck! :)

-Brett

I would not do a Cold Steel, I would do a Spyderco Native, Delica or any of the other Spydercos over Cold Steel. Spydercos quality control is better IMHO.

Really liking that cold Steel recon 1 right now. I like the size and seems pretty heavy duty

I don't really like spydercos that much, the designs just look strange to me. Just looked at the native though and I do like that one, looks more "normal" than their others

Really liking that cold Steel recon 1 right now. I like the size and seems pretty heavy duty

I don't really like spydercos that much, the designs just look strange to me. Just looked at the native though and I do like that one, looks more "normal" than their others

spydercos are great and very good quality, the frn native though is also a very light knife with frn/plastic type handles unless you get the g10 handle version which costs a bit more but does feel heftier. the natives are superb knives.

22-rimfire

Gold Member
The Spyderco Native in G-10 is a very substantial feeling knife and very smooth. Basically G-10 is heavier than the FRN handles and I like the feel. It is one of my favorites.

I have 2 Recon 1s, they're just what you're looking for and the quality is excellent. Might also want to look into the AK-47, I love that knife.

Cold Steel makes a tough knife at a good price but lack on fit/finnish a bit. Definitely worth a look at your price point.

strategy9

Gold Member
Cold Steel Code4
Or
Kershaw Blur

Kizer makes a bunch of nice options in your price range also, for premium Steel and handle designs at an affordable price, I don't own one, but I've read nothing but good things about them for fit/finish/performance when considering their price... Made in china, but their nicer stuff, making a $200 knife in a $100 package....

I don't see anyone mentioning this one - but check out the CRKT No Time Off - fits the bill of what your looking for - esp the part about
heavier and can take a beating!
[video=youtube;XQbPbLfB7rM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQbPbLfB7rM[/video]

mqqn

Gold Member
Kershaw Link 1776GRYBW -

Kershawguy.com is a supporting vendor and has them for a great price
http://kershawguy.com/products-page/kershaw-new/1776grybw-link-gray-aluminum-blackwashed/

Here are the specifications -
Made in the USA
SpeedSafe ® open, built in Flipper
Reversible pocketclip, (left/right)
Steel: 420HC, black-oxide BlackWash ™ finish
Handle: Machined aluminum
Blade length: 3.25 in. (8.4 cm)
Closed length: 4.4 in. (11.2 cm)
Overall length: 7.6 in. (19.3 cm)
Weight: 4.8 oz. (136.1 g)

Great knife, the right size and made in USA from quality materials that won't break the bank.

I didn't like the perception of cheap with the Grip when I first got it, but I have come to really appreciate the "grip" of the grip.

See what you think of the Link - you won't be out a lot of money if you decide to try something else.

1776grybw_profile_1020x400.png

best

mqqn