1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Looking for bladesmiths and blacksmiths to join me on Metal Mashing Mayhem Mondays

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by TheoRockNazz, Feb 25, 2017.

1. TheoRockNazz

TheoRockNazz

Sep 5, 2012
    Howdy guys,
    I've been having a blast doing this weekly livestream, and have quickly realized the format it should take; a mini hammer-in every week!*https://www.twitch.tv/theorocknazz
    I have found that sharing the forge with another person creates a really nice flow, with smiths alternating use of the anvil and answering questions or chatting with viewers.
    Currently I have blacksmith Kyle McCormick coming up on February 27th, and then bladesmith John Kotlarchick on March 13th. I am looking for help with filling up a schedule that will keep things interesting for many Mondays to come.
    Keep in mind my shop is limited, and very much only geared towards knifemaking, so I recommend bringing along your favorite tools.
    Let me know if you'd be interested in joining me a Monday!

2. BOLD1

BOLD1

Jan 16, 2016
    It just so happens I have Mondays off. I will check it out.

Just an idea on longevity and variety of your stream you may consider doing a road trip to other smiths shops. Show off different set ups.

It seems one of the things most liked on FiF is seeing the smiths home shops.

3. TheoRockNazz

TheoRockNazz

Sep 5, 2012
    A damn good idea, let me look into the logistics :)

4. TheoRockNazz

TheoRockNazz

Sep 5, 2012
  5. timos-

timos- KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 22, 2012
    very cool. is it possible to add this as a roku channel somehow?

6. TheoRockNazz

TheoRockNazz

Sep 5, 2012
    Yes, I think there's a Twitch app for Roku. Eventually I'll be streaming to YouTube Live too, probably by the show on the 27th.

7. jdm61

jdm61 itinerant metal pounder Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 12, 2005
    aka "Forging in the Hallway." That is one narrow shop space, young man!!!!:eek::D

8. jrrector

jrrector

Sep 21, 2015
    Theo you are not the only FiF contestant on twitch...Stephan Fowler been there about a year and some months now.. In fact he is my mentor and I spend almost every weekend in his shop on Saturday's on his open forge days..If your curious its
    https://www.twitch.tv/wickedbowie

9. TheoRockNazz

TheoRockNazz

Sep 5, 2012
    Haha, yes, but I am actually expanding into that larger room you can see behind us very soon. Going from 280 square feet to 1000... not even sure what to do with it all!

His stream is fantastic and very informative... mines a little more like two guys shooting the s--- while taking turns at the anvil, lol

10. TheoRockNazz

TheoRockNazz

Sep 5, 2012
  11. jrrector

jrrector

Sep 21, 2015
    oh trust me there is ample ample shooting the s--- and plenty of shenanigans...super spicy pepper eating, dancing/singing bladesmith, trash talking viewers (especially me flamberge_king), inappropiate for children jokes and innuendos, plenty of shop talk and interaction with viewers..

12. TheoRockNazz

TheoRockNazz

Sep 5, 2012
    Haha, guess I have to step it up then!

Here's the livestream from this evening: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/133254295