• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

looking for custom pocket clips

secretagentmann007

Chief wire twister
hello all, i've been lingering around here now for about a few months and i've bought some knives, great deals. i've learned a lot here and was hoping i could get some opinions and advice. i am going to get a sak one hand trekker today :thumbup: and i want a pocket clip on it.. somthing like whats on a spyderco uk pen knife http://www.ted.tweakdsl.nl/spyderco/c94/thumb_c94.jpg does anyone know where i can buy a pocket clip and do this myself?

robby

One way you might go is a Ti job from forumite STR:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374927&highlight=clip+rider

On the one hand, he's got lots and lots and lots of happy, satisfied customers. On the other, I can't guarantee he's got one to send you for self-installation (usually he installs them).

There was a thread from way, way back where a fellow used an actual Spydie clip on his OHT. I bet you can find it if you search for "OHT". Came out real nice.

I did one once on my OHT out of a coat hanger. Not beautiful, but serviceable. Don't think I ever posted pics.

And last but not least, www.knifekits.com sells some clips, I bet they've got one that will work. One thing to watch out for is: the scales are fairly thin plastic, and they're hollow. Not a lot of material for the clip to grab onto, really.

Good luck and post pics for everybody when you're done!

Mike

That would be a bit of extra work, but it opens the doors for all sorts of beautiful embellishment (funny this should come today- I got a new OHT for Christmas that I'm going to start re-scaling this very evening).

I just thought of one more thing: You might go to the dollar store and buy a chinese POS knife for a buck or three, and use the clip off of it. I mean, if it's a couple bucks to order one online PLUS a couple bucks shipping... you might come out way ahead that way.

Mike

Making one yourself from scratch , in that style is going to be very difficult , since it is spring steel.
I would go with Mike's suggestion in finding a cheap pos knife and trying to make it's clip work on your knife. Even if the knife is cheap the clip should be okay...

Back