Looking for get a new road bike.

I have finally decided to trade my well ridden Cannondale R800 in for a new ride. I am just wondering what everyone else is riding, why they chose that bike, and if they have a compact crank. Just for small reference I plan on putting over 4,000 miles on this year even if I have to ride in the snow.
Thanks DirtySwine

I have finally decided to trade my well ridden Cannondale R800 in for a new ride. I am just wondering what everyone else is riding, why they chose that bike, and if they have a compact crank. Just for small reference I plan on putting over 4,000 miles on this year even if I have to ride in the snow.
Thanks DirtySwine

I have an Orbea that I bought about 18 months ago. Onix full carbon frame, Durace running gear and brakes. It has Ksyrium SL wheels. This bike is very light and handles well in all sorts of conditions. I ride about 6 to 7 thousand kilometers a year.

I decided to buy this bike at the time because it was great value when compared to other brands with similar levels of specs.

Hope this helps.

I took possession of my new bicycle just a couple of days ago. It's a Surly Long Haul Trucker, a touring frame done up with some details spec'd by myself. I'm planning to tour the pacific coast highway this summer, taking the ferry from Vancouver Island, BC to Port Angeles, WA and riding down the coast to southern California (Ventura, for sure, maybe further). Lots of details left to work out, and lots of gear still needed (although I've got my knife for the trip, a Busse Skinny ASH-1, already).

I'm hoping I can pull everything together in the less than three months before I want to leave. I can only hope all the rest of the stuff I need works out as well as the bike, which rides very nicely, and I think is beautiful ...

surly_lht_crop.jpg

My cycle has a third crank,,,,,,,,, gr8 for climbs ,,,,, no hills ,,, no need

Back