1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for info on knife maker named Latimore

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by ernroe, Feb 11, 2019 at 4:33 PM.

1. ernroe

ernroe

Jun 21, 2013
    I bought a knife recently from a guy that bought the knife 30+ years ago at a gun/knife show.
    The only markings on the knife is Latimore stamped on upper guard. The knife old but in good condition and I would like to find more info on it and the maker. I have photos but don't see a way to upload them to this site.

Thanking you in advance,

Ernie

2. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    Hi Ernie,

Welcome to Bladeforums. I checked 1983, 1990, and 2000 Knives Annual listings. Nothing with his name. He did not submit to the periodical. Many didn't, but most early makers were listed. I tried.

Good luck.

3. ernroe

ernroe

Jun 21, 2013
    Thx for your reply. I was interested in finding the history of the knife and maker if possible. By today's standards it is somewhat antiquated but very stout. I will use it more than some of the newer models.It is like a Randall, made to be used. My email is [email protected] if you want to see photos of the knife e mail me.
    Thx again,
    Ernie
    P.S. I viewed your Knife Gallery and was very impressed with the beautiful knife art on display.