Looking for info on this custom...

Hi folks, I picked up this little titanium frame-lock flipper a few years ago in a trade and really don't know anything about the maker. It has a maker's mark on it but I don't recognize it. The opposite side of the blade has a hand scribed "Elmax 2013". Anybody out there have any info on who made this? It's a cool little knife but the action is kinda' rough feeling. Was hoping to figure out who made it and maybe get them to smooth things out a bit. Thanks in advance for any info you can pass on. Fogdart

Looks like Jim Burke to me, but I have no real idea. Just has that vibe to me.

Looks like Elliot Williamson, Ferrum Forge...
Maker's mark looked like a transposed "E" followed by a "W".
Found a list of makers on Arizona Custom Knives and searched for maker's last name 'W', first name 'E'. Found 3 or 4 and looked at some of their work. Matched the maker's mark to Elliot Willaimson, Ferrum Forge.

Last edited:
Hi folks, I picked up this little titanium frame-lock flipper a few years ago in a trade and really don't know anything about the maker. It has a maker's mark on it but I don't recognize it. The opposite side of the blade has a hand scribed "Elmax 2013". Anybody out there have any info on who made this? It's a cool little knife but the action is kinda' rough feeling. Was hoping to figure out who made it and maybe get them to smooth things out a bit. Thanks in advance for any info you can pass on. Fogdart

Would you be interested in selling it?
if you were a paid subscriber to Bladeforums, you could've sent a private message to the OP instead of breaching etiquette by asking out in the open

Thanks for the help folks! I contacted Ferrum Forge. They were very helpful and said they'd be happy to take a look at it and try to smooth up the action. Really nice folks there!

Back