Looking for info on this custom...

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by fogdart, Dec 3, 2019.

1. fogdart

fogdart Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Hi folks, I picked up this little titanium frame-lock flipper a few years ago in a trade and really don't know anything about the maker. It has a maker's mark on it but I don't recognize it. The opposite side of the blade has a hand scribed "Elmax 2013". Anybody out there have any info on who made this? It's a cool little knife but the action is kinda' rough feeling. Was hoping to figure out who made it and maybe get them to smooth things out a bit. Thanks in advance for any info you can pass on. Fogdart

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TRfromMT

TRfromMT

Jan 4, 2016
    Looks like Jim Burke to me, but I have no real idea. Just has that vibe to me.

3. fogdart

Jan 7, 2015
    Looks like Elliot Williamson, Ferrum Forge...
    Maker's mark looked like a transposed "E" followed by a "W".
    Found a list of makers on Arizona Custom Knives and searched for maker's last name 'W', first name 'E'. Found 3 or 4 and looked at some of their work. Matched the maker's mark to Elliot Willaimson, Ferrum Forge.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Mistman68 and SharpByCoop like this.
  4. Cylinder78

Cylinder78

Dec 3, 2014

5. Cylinder78

Cylinder78

Dec 3, 2014
    Would you be interested in selling it?

6. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    if you were a paid subscriber to Bladeforums, you could've sent a private message to the OP instead of breaching etiquette by asking out in the open

7. fogdart

Jan 7, 2015
    Thanks for the help folks! I contacted Ferrum Forge. They were very helpful and said they'd be happy to take a look at it and try to smooth up the action. Really nice folks there!