1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Looking for information a recent knife acquisition

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by OogieBoogie, Aug 16, 2019.

1. OogieBoogie

OogieBoogie

Mar 29, 2014
    Good day, all.

I was in the local shop having a cigar and drinking some coffee. One of the regulars was showing a knife and stated that he was done with it. I commented on how nice a knife it was and he said: "it's yours"!

It's a Cattaraugus Meditteranean Barlow. It has a unique (to me) bolster lock. The knife is in great condition and razor-sharp. It has the designation: K.C.C. (which I believe means Knife Collectors Club).

Does anyone have any more information about this knife:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

unwisefool likes this.
  2. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    These were made by AG Russell.
    Sometime in the past 10 years I believe, for the 135th anniversary or something I seem to recall.

3. Getting older

Getting older

Jan 3, 2016
    Wow

4. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    I don't think AG made folders 10 years ago. I believe folders were made by contractors. To me the knife looks like a Moki who is an AG supplier.

5. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Good info, I didn't know when exactly they were made just that AG Russell was responsible.

6. OogieBoogie

OogieBoogie

Mar 29, 2014
    Thanks for the info, guys. I talked to knife guy at the same shop. He believes that this knife was made my Moki knives and that Cattaraugus was a brand bought by A.G. Russell.

7. akguy59

akguy59

Aug 19, 2017
    Whoever made it that is one sweet looking knife.

8. Comeuppance

Comeuppance Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary Gold Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Looking at the condition, it looks less like he was “done with it” and more like he never started with it. Nice anecdote and a nice-looking knife.

9. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Very cool knife and story.

10. OogieBoogie

OogieBoogie

Mar 29, 2014
    There were scratches on the blade that I was able to polish out (you can see them in person, but they don't show up in pictures). I have known this guy for some time and he is a user of his knives (but he won't use them in ways they weren't designed to be used). But at the end of the day, I'm happy to have the knife.

Sharp & Fiery likes this.