1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Looking for Information on Very Early Friction Folders, Viking, Roman etc.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by hathegkla, Apr 15, 2010.

1. hathegkla

hathegkla

Feb 3, 2010
    I want to try making some friction folders, I've come by a ton of different designs but I'd really like to make some historical reproductions, or at least historically inspired ones. I've been searching Google with very limited success. I was just wondering if any of you knew where I could find pictures, diagrams, info in friction folders (or any kind of folding knives really) from specific time periods.

I know these knives weren't very common in ancient times but there's got to be more information out there than I've been able to find so far :eek:

2. comoha

comoha Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2006

Attached Files:

3. hathegkla

hathegkla

Feb 3, 2010
    great, thanks. I've seen those before but the picture I have of the "roman swiss army knife" is much smaller and less detailed. its crazy seeing a fork on it, I was under the impression that forks weren't commonly used until much later.

4. neilashton

neilashton Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 19, 2006
  5. sunnyd

sunnyd

Jul 17, 2004
    When in Rome..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

.. :)

6. hathegkla