Looking for Lefty Folder?

I would really like S30V and G10 or a Micarta handle and left hand friendly, is there such a knife?

The BM 921 is close, but with an aluminum handle. Even if you can't find precisely what you are looking for, it's hard to go wrong with a BM Axis - BM's 154CM is very, very good (cryotreated to produced martenstite crystals).

Yep, many Axis Lock folders will fill that bill. 710, 806D2 and so on...

Spyderco's new Ball Lock also looks to be promising in this arena too. I have a Dodo and it's as ambi as can be. The lock is PLENTY strong and after breaking it in, it's fairly easy to use. I find myself hoping they come out with a serious folder using the Ball Lock. Serious being a 3 3/4" to 4 1/2" bladed folder. :eek: :D

Best of luck in your search!

Most Spydercos are reasonably left handed, some more than others. If you really want a dedicated left hand version of anything your search will be a little more difficult. I have a dedicated left hand Sebenza which is nice.

Many knives will claim to be ambidextrous but they are still built for right hand use. for instance, it might have dual thumbstuds or a hole that can be used by either hand but they'll have a liner/frame lock that is still designed for right hand use. As has been suggested, the Benchmades with the axis lock and either a hole or dual thumstuds are about the closest to ambi you're likely to find.

glockman99

RIP Dann, you were a good guy.
Get yourself a Benchmade 710 and end your search right there. True, the steel isn't S30V, but in everyday use, I doubt if you can tell the difference between it and the excellent 154CM steel that Benchmade uses in the 710.

Glockman has a good point. As a southpaw I prefer the Sebenza. It's a dedicated left hand framelock. I got real tired of trying to make left hand friendly but made for righties knives work for me. The Bencmade Axis is a great second choice and is fully ambidextrous. Personally I prefer the reverse tanto of the 940 series. I think that they made a limited edition 940 with an S30V blade that retailed for less than $200. I think that you can get a decent Benchmade Axis for less than $100 and like Glockman said, the CM154 that Benchmade puts out is nothing to sniff at, it's good stuff. Of course the price thing is relative. I have to crack up when people tell me about a TV show where I can buy 100 folding knives for $150. Most of my friends think that if you spend more than $20 on a knife you're crazy. But then they drive these big old brand new SUV's (and I'm talking Lexus and BMW) to work every day. So go figure. :p ;) :cool:

Scott Dog said:
...they drive these big old brand new SUV's

how does that work? or is that an oxymoron? ;) an old new SUV? :confused: :eek: :D :p

I'm a dreaded lefty too, those liner lock makers annoy me :p lefties need to have liner locks too dammit!!! I buy right handed liner locks and such but I think I'm gonna have to go custom and gets one made for me. :(

I have a kershaw random task that is specificallly lefty. It has a polished g10 handle and the blade is s30 or 40v. The blade shape is fairly unique, sort of whamcliffe/reverse tanto. I don't know if these are still available but I found mine on special from one of the big internet knife sites. Cool knife and definetly lefty friendly.

Sam

I carry a Benchmade 940BT as my EDC and highly recommend it, or the 710HS.

I also have a 940D2CF, D2 with carbon fiber handles. It was a limited edition of 500, but you might be able to find one. If you can find one, expect to pay $200 or so.

I quit trying to make do with RH linerlocks when I managed to release a blade on one during use. Thankfully, it wasn't as sharp as my knives usually are, so it just required bandaids. Since then, I don't even look at them anymore.

Spyderco made a LH carbon fiber Delica with VG-10 a while back. Again, it was a limited run, but it's a nice knife for about $140.

Spyderco Chinook II. G-10 handles, S30V blade, large ambi hole for openning, and mid-lock that can easily be operated with either hand for one-hand closing. 4-position clip can go tip up/down/right/left. About $100. Lock is "MBC" rated -- can withstand >200 pounds per blade inch before failure.

The new Spyderco Manix has the same features with a large leaf-shaped blade.