looking for little finn blade thickness

i figure the folks around here probably have a little finn or two between all of you...i was wondering if anyone could measure the spine thickness of one of them and let me know how thick they are?

if this is innapropriate here, i apologize, but i figured this is where i would find someone with the knife...

thanks!

My ka-bar little finn is about 1/16" thick, and my Western BSA little finn is about 3/32" thick.
Picture will follow.

edit:
spinefinngo1.jpg

Hope that helps.
Peter

Last edited:
peter, yes i am thinking about making something like the little finn. i can only find them in stainless anywhere, and i really want a carbon version. and i need to get some leather anyways, so this is just a double excuse.

thanks again

My Taiwanese production Kabar 1226 measures .1025 at the tangand comes to .0370 at the tip. Half-way down the blade (1.782 inches from the guard) it is still .1025. Almost immediately after the half-way point there is some gradual tapering. The blade hits .1000 thick 1.0720 in from the tip. The tang has a verticle width of .5890.

If you wanted to borrow mine for measuring/ inspiration, I would be more than willing to lend it up to you. Email me if you want me to send it up to you for a little bit.

Last edited:
.. If you wanted to borrow mine for measuring/ inspiration, I would be more than willing to lend it up to you. Email me if you want me to send it up to you for a little bit.

What a extremely kind gesture here mp510! Super considerate of you brother.. :cool: This is why I frequent this joint.;)