Looking for stabilizing resin supplier

Does anybody have a distributor willing to sell Loctite 90C by the gallon? I've tried to deal with Loctite directly, and pretty much was ignored.
I'm also talking to a company called Herdon; they have two similar products; 991 and 1000. ($96 and $90/gallon)
What's everybody's feedback on Nelsonite? Is it worth using, or too much trouble?
Currently I'm testing Minwax Wood Hardener. It sets up pretty quickly, even while pulling a vacuum. The first piece I did was probably not the easiest; black walnut.

I have over 3 gallons of 90C left. How much do you want? PM or email me at redrummd@comcast.net

I also have two quarts of Nelsonite left with one quart having a tiny tint of brown added. It is so little it only shows as a tea color on white bone I used it on.

Last edited:
Does anybody have a distributor willing to sell Loctite 90C by the gallon? I've tried to deal with Loctite directly, and pretty much was ignored.
I'm also talking to a company called Herdon; they have two similar products; 991 and 1000. ($96 and $90/gallon)
What's everybody's feedback on Nelsonite? Is it worth using, or too much trouble?
Currently I'm testing Minwax Wood Hardener. It sets up pretty quickly, even while pulling a vacuum. The first piece I did was probably not the easiest; black walnut.

I spoke with a company (Hernon or something - a guy named Zulay) and they claimed they had a wood stabilization process. I sent them a variety of wood samples which they processed. They came back as garbage - soft - eternally wet and with little weight change. If this is the place, I would avoid them. The product sucks. :thumbdn:

Rob!

I have used 90C with good success. I bought several gallons from Loctite several years ago so I can't give any recent advice about how to get Loctite to sell some to you. If you care to e-mail me I can give you a summery of how I stabilize with 90C.
If you just have a small quantity to stabilize I would recoment K&G , Lakeside AZ phone 928-537-8877, as I think they do a excellent job.

I spoke with a company (Hernon or something - a guy named Zulay) and they claimed they had a wood stabilization process. I sent them a variety of wood samples which they processed. They came back as garbage - soft - eternally wet and with little weight change. If this is the place, I would avoid them. The product sucks. :thumbdn:

Rob!

thanks for the info Rob- their price put me off, and with your additional info I definitely don't need to deal with them.

If you are looking for industrial quantities, I believe you can get both MMA and Vazo (the polymerization catalyst) from INEOS. IIRC Dupont used to sell them but has withdrawn from that business.

Rob!

Thanks Rob! I'm not familiar with that particular company, or their products. Do you have their contact info or web address?

I used to have it but can't find it now. I think if you just google INEOS, you can drill down to what you need eventually.

Rob!

Back