Looking for the gentleman that gifted me the Spyderco Gayle Bradley a few years ago

Hello folks, about 3-4 years ago, just after getting my first (and still only CRK) I was still active on the forums here and a gentleman from this sub-forum read some post I made about wanting a spyderco GB (NOT me asking for a handout / gift, just mentioning on how I was planning to purchase one soon) and IMMEDIATELY messaged me and within a few days I had one in my mailbox!

I'm looking for this guy again now to say thank you once again! After nearly DAILY hard use (I'm a farmer and Stone Mason and its the only knife I carried for most of this time) I finally had to break down and send the GB into spyderco for a service and it really made me think about how much this one knife really changed my knife use and buying habits all from this one guys generosity. I would like to find out who it was so I may publicly thank him again.

This is the knife today:
It wore a benchmade clip, some random phillips screws I found in my bin and the beautiful forced patina I put on it right away has been replaced by the best natrual patina I've ever seen but, I'm sure, shes still got YEARS of hard use in her. She hasn't been replaced but she does get some well deserved vacation time now that I've switched to carying fixed blades for work but I assure you she'll still see more than her share of hard use till the day comes I can pass it on to my son (hes only 5 now and while he does have a few knives it'll be a while before I'm ready to give him the GB lol).

No real point to this thread, I just wanted to show that fella I stayed true to my word, I promised him it would be a user and that it was [and still is]!

Last edited:
Just a guess..

But would that be d.r.h?

Before this is reported again, this post is fine here.. It's off topic, but the OP is looking for a reg of this forum and I don't have a problem with that.

Bhyde,
Wow, sir I'm sorry this post created issues for you. I didn't enen think about that and I did label it off-topic but didn't think about the whole competiting manufacturer aspect when typing my post... Sorry for any issues I created, I posted here specifically because the gentleman was a regular of this sub-forum and this is the place that the whole thing happened in so it didn't even cross my mind this wouldn't be OK to post. Sorry for breaking and forum rules to all you gentlemen and for waiting your time with a short [albeit cool IMO] story...

Also you have jarred my memory and you are correct! Now I can write him a real thank you note! D.R.H. I hope you see this!

Bhyde,
Wow, sir I'm sorry this post created issues for you. I didn't enen think about that and I did label it off-topic but didn't think about the whole competiting manufacturer aspect when typing my post... Sorry for any issues I created, I posted here specifically because the gentleman was a regular of this sub-forum and this is the place that the whole thing happened in so it didn't even cross my mind this wouldn't be OK to post. Sorry for breaking and forum rules to all you gentlemen and for waiting your time with a short [albeit cool IMO] story...

Also you have jarred my memory and you are correct! Now I can write him a real thank you note! D.R.H. I hope you see this!

Don't worry about it. There are worse things in life to actually worry about.
Glad to be able to help in some small way. d.r.h was the person that sprang to mind instantly.. He has been a generous member in the past..probably more than anyone here actually knows :)

Back