Books Looking for title

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRWeldon

Platinum Member
I've exhausted all of my other resources looking for the title of this book. I've reached out to classmates on Facebook, people can remember reading the book but can't remember the title. I read this book in 7th or 8th grade english class. In this same class the teacher had us read books like Call of the wild and White fang. At the beginning of the book a native American family (father, mother and infant or toddler son) live in this logging camp. All the money the father and mother make from working at the camp basically goes to the camp for the rent and groceries, things like that. One night in the middle of the night they decide to run into the mountains and live in the old ways. They make it out to the mountains. They build a teepee, hunt and live in the old ways. Years go by, the father ends up getting killed while out hunting in an avalanche and the mother dies of old age I believe. There's much more to the story but I'm trying to not make this the longest post on blade forums. Anyways I'm trying to go back and read books that I read when I was a kid and can't seem to be able to find the title to this book. Anyone out there have any ideas? Thanks.

I've exhausted all of my other resources looking for the title of this book. I've reached out to classmates on Facebook, people can remember reading the book but can't remember the title. I read this book in 7th or 8th grade english class. In this same class the teacher had us read books like Call of the wild and White fang. At the beginning of the book a native American family (father, mother and infant or toddler son) live in this logging camp. All the money the father and mother make from working at the camp basically goes to the camp for the rent and groceries, things like that. One night in the middle of the night they decide to run into the mountains and live in the old ways. They make it out to the mountains. They build a teepee, hunt and live in the old ways. Years go by, the father ends up getting killed while out hunting in an avalanche and the mother dies of old age I believe. There's much more to the story but I'm trying to not make this the longest post on blade forums. Anyways I'm trying to go back and read books that I read when I was a kid and can't seem to be able to find the title to this book. Anyone out there have any ideas? Thanks.
You'll recognize the shadow of Ishi in the background. If you're paying attention ...

Gonna lock this one up. No Becker content. I waited until you got an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back