Looking to return my zt0393 can'decide what to exchange it for

Which option should I go with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So after a month of having the zt0393 I have lost interest in it and am going to return it to sherpers. I will be given $240 in store credit. I cant choose between the a couple different combos of knives to replace that are in stock at the sherpers near me. Please help in answering the poll above. I am not looking for any certain kind of knife and will go in store to test them out.

Didn't vote. I didn't like the options. So, my answer would be "none of the above."

Assume the choices would be limited to ZT & Spyderco, since those are the only brands you made but I could not make a recommendation unless you reveal what you didn't like about the 0393 and what kind of knife you'd rather have in terms of size, style, function and design.

I don't have a 0393 yet, so can't say how it compares directly, but I really like the 0850. Nice bit of change. Non-flipper, non-bearing, but super smooth. Easily thumb flick open. And also "waveable" with those oversized thumb studs.

I didn't really care for the blade shape as well as the black and satin blade. Also it has lock stick.

That doesn't help much. As the owner of 28 ZTs and over 80 Spydercos, there are still a lot of other knives to choose from.

FWIW, I never liked the 0393; just too "busy" of a design for me. I like the 0850 a LOT but, if you don't like the blade shape of the 0393, I doubt you'd like the 0850 since their blade shapes are actually similar. On the other hand, I love the light weight and light detent of my 0850 which makes it easy to carry despite its size and also easy to wrist flick open for quick deployment.

As between the 0393 and 0850, I don't see why the Spyderco Delica, Endura, Launch 4 and BM mini-Grip are even in the conversation. These are vastly different knives than the 2 ZTs and the only 1 that comes even close is the Endura (I've got 4 of them; all of them vintage Gen 1's) but it's still NOT the same type of knife as the ZTs.

I think you need to tighten up your thinking as far as what kind of knife you really want to carry and, as others have said, you are very fortunate to be doing business w/a dealer who will ever give you a "store credit" after keeping/playing w/the 0393 for a month.

Make the right choice for the exchange and, if you don't like that knife either, do the dealer a favor and resell it here on the Exchange instead of trying to do a return/exchange again.

Good luck!

I have been one of those people who got something that was return after being used and it sucks. IMO I don't see how it meets any criteria of the return policy. I got bored with my wife after two years of marriage so should I have divorced her or taken her on a deep sea fishing trip for 2? o_O
787GlQF.jpg

I have been one of those people who got something that was return after being used and it sucks. IMO I don't see how it meets any criteria of the return policy. I got bored with my wife after two years of marriage so should I have divorced her or taken her on a deep sea fishing trip for 2? o_O
Are you saying your wife is a flipper or you would feed her to flipper?

Back