1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Looks like a great way to lose all your fingers---

Discussion in 'Wilderness & Survival Skills' started by WILLIAM.M, Nov 8, 2011.

1. WILLIAM.M

WILLIAM.M

Apr 14, 2006
  2. uyotg

uyotg

Sep 5, 2010
    I feel that way every time I see the guy at the Chinese restaurant lift up his Chinese cleaver to his eyes' height and slams it down on the duck/pig/chicken less than an inch away from his fingers... three times a second...
    To think those guys most likely aren't even into blades as we are here but are still able to pull this stuff off!

3. Shotgun

Shotgun

Feb 3, 2006
    Now they need to go bigger and have the world's fastest game of Russian Roulette.

They even make a point of saying that nobody was hurt as if they were shocked by that fact.:rolleyes:

4. unit

unit

Nov 22, 2009
    That is pretty hard to watch.

OTOH, there are a lot of people that develop skills to the point of having a comfort level way past the personal lines we draw. The print I have of the iron workers springs to mind.

[​IMG]

5. jacksterp

jacksterp Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Don't even like watching that - some crazy axe work.

6. WILLIAM.M

WILLIAM.M

Apr 14, 2006
    I have seen that before

I would be too afraid to eat

7. Tuxdad

Tuxdad

Feb 15, 2008
    I watched it a couple of times to try and make out the axe.. Looks like one of the japanese axes thats made similar to the roselli axes , just a bit larger and heavier ..

Doubt I'd try that myself.. Never been in that big of a hurry splitting wood....lol

8. unit

unit

Nov 22, 2009
    Either:
    A. I SUCK as splitting wood, or
    B. the wood around here is a lot harder to split than what I see in that clip.

My bet is the correct answer is equal parts of A and B.

9. Shotgun

Shotgun

Feb 3, 2006
    You also probably don't use an axe that heavy. Looks to me like the axe is in the 6-10 pound range.

10. RescueRiley

RescueRiley

Mar 22, 2006
    I don't think I've so much in such a short amount of time in my life

11. uyotg

uyotg

Sep 5, 2010
    Did you accidentally the whole thing? :p just teasing

12. gunknifenut

gunknifenut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 9, 2006
    I was thinking it was around 6 lbs. Maybe 5.
    I was also thinking that I want one...really cool axe. And those guys are crazy.

13. Joezilla

Joezilla Moderator- Wilderness and Survival Skills Moderator

Jul 22, 2005
    wow, that makes me look like a boy scout with my machete. Holy cow. I like how he moves his thumb out of the way though.

14. Mudbug007

Mudbug007

Nov 29, 2010
    That wood doesn't look to be much longer than 13" and it's probably a soft wood. I'd like to see him do that with some of our 22" Hickory firewood or better yet, Elm, then I'll be impressed! ;)

15. dantzk8

dantzk8

Nov 1, 2005
    You have some fingers they all won't keep.

dantzk.

16. grunt soldier

grunt soldier

Dec 4, 2009
    lol that was wild. I have to agree I have never been in such a hurry to split wood that quick. and that was definitely all soft wood with no knots in it. either way they are very skilled folks and have bigger balls than me lol (I probably have more fingers though :)

17. pvicenzi

pvicenzi Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 25, 2008
    Why don't they batton?

18. knifeman65

knifeman65

Dec 16, 2005
    Reminds me of the lumber jack competitions when the guys are standing on the log and chopping an inch or two from their feet...:eek:

19. hughewil

hughewil

Apr 12, 2011
    I think I peed a little