Lorien Design REB Poll - VOTE!!

Drop or Clip Point?

• Loving the DROP Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Loving the CLIP Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RyanW

It is no secret that I am a fan of Lorien's Designs... Recently he showed me one that was right up my alley, the "REB"!!

His original design was a "Clip" with a fine Trailing point that can double as EDC and Personal Defense. I asked if he could make one in a "Drop" point version so that I could use it to pry out arrow tips in wood without worrying about breaking off the tip.

Lorien and I are interested in which one is more popular with the masses? I am thinking about doing a run of these!

I made up a couple of ProtoTypes in 1/8" 1084:

Please VOTE - Even if you dont comment in this thread, take a second and VOTE!!

Last edited:
The dropped point is designed to be more practical for regular knife stuff, while the trailing point version is a little stabbier and designed more for personal defense.

Drop point here as well. I generally dont like clip points on really small knives.

Either would make a great little knife though. The handles look comfy!

Good job Ryan & Lorien!!!

The way that I use knives, the drop point does not offer any specific advantage. I just think of a clip point as old fashioned, and a drop point as more cool looking.

I think we have a clear winner here ;)

For what I would use it for the drop point would be used 95% more over the clip point.**

Drop point hands down. Especially on smaller blades a clip point is too delicate

That clip looks like it was designed from my dreams.

Mack, I have a 2nd job working for the nsa...
:)

Why is this even a poll? The obvious and logical better of the two is by no doubt the drop point. No argument necessary.

I had to stock up on Gravol :D

Back