Lorlem- A WiP

Discussion in 'Promethean Knives by Salem Straub' started by Lorien, Sep 16, 2016.

1. abbydaddy

abbydaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2014
    I really love the look of that handle. It is nice to see a hybrid between the typical Kukri handle and a full tang.

2. swaybacksteve

swaybacksteve

Apr 7, 2015
    Thanks Lorien for the WIP pictures of Salems forging and working on this special kurk.
    Love his custom work and glad that he still has some of that vintage micarta left for a project he will do for me using an older pattern of his.

3. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. bonafide

bonafide Leather Sheathmaker, JouFuu Leathers Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2013
    Wow! Incredible craftsmanship! I'd really like to see what this feels like in hand!

5. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    [video=youtube;kYme8d8vR3k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYme8d8vR3k[/video]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. abbydaddy

abbydaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2014
    That is a gorgeous knife

7. Salem Straub

Salem Straub

Oct 20, 2008
    Yeah dude! That's awesome, thanks for posting that vid. Good to see you wreaking some havoc with it.

8. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    I'm havocing a great time!

9. Brian77

Brian77 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Thanks for sharing I like it a lot.... about how much does it weigh?

10. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    520 grams

11. lostdog

lostdog

Jun 14, 2015
    Lorien great design and thanks for the video. Push for the CPK kukri! Salem Straub did a beautiful job but customs are a dark path I fear to tread as of yet... I have enough of an addiction to semi customs / productions as is... (I just checked out the Salem Starub web site and sort of wish I hadn't... nice stuff).

What is blade you are scout carrying there?

12. Lorien

Dec 5, 2005
    you should definitely talk with Salem about a knife. I really enjoyed working with him, he's a stand up guy and he does excellent work at a VERY fair price.

that's a CPK Field Knife

13. lostdog

lostdog

Jun 14, 2015
    Thanks for the post. I'll reach out.