Lost hog returning back to the passel.

jd4320t

Gold Member
Just about nine years ago to the day I was nothing but a big overgrown piglet. I’d spent months trying to read and educate myself on what a real knife could be. Nearly every break at work and countless hours at home I was in here reading threads and trying to learn acronyms. What the heck is a NMFBM and a NMSFNO???? Oh wait this one says combat grade…what? A CGNMFBM….
I was trying to understand what Knob Creek was and the hog trough and all at a hotel? Wait? So not at the show? Guys go down and buy how many knives??? Am I in over my head? I was learning all I could from my good friend DaKruiser who was also learning himself.

We set out early and headed down to Knob Creek. We waited in line like little kids full of excitement just to see some knives. As we were standing there we saw the Busse crew coming up in their black and yellow. Lexi, Pokey and Beef. It was like seeing someone famous lol.

We made our way to the tables as quickly as we could without running. There they were. All so beautiful and unique….and there weren’t a lot. I was looking for a chopper and had my heart set on a FBM but no luck. There were a couple CGBWM’s but I passed. Little did I know at that point but I should’ve bought all that I could’ve. I learned that skill later on in 2014.

I’m not gonna lie. I’ve been hoping for two weeks that we’d hear Busse was going down for the last Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot. I sat by the very same fire ring with DaKruiser where I first held a Busse Combat HOFSH in my hands and tried to talk it into existence. How awesome it would be if Busse goes and how we’d make the trip Thursday night.

Oh well, maybe they’ll be at BladeShow 2022. We’ll be ready.

great to see you again :)

Some great memories, Brother! Busse has brought together some of the best people I know!

Good ol’days!
DaKruiser

Some crazy HOG crawled through the mud one year to get to the Busse table early. :rolleyes: (not me ... cough ... cough ...Frank ...)

That didn't much appeal to me, so when the first ever Hotel-only show was announced, I was there! Good times, good times, even though the shifter link broke on my car and I had to drive 6 hours home with 5th gear only. Can you say 'slip the clutch to start'? IIRC also went down two other times. Always great to hang with everybody. The sense of Community has always been a major part of what attracted me here at first, and keeps me coming back.

Of course, I'm still waiting for the BBQ and Beer Fest in the Busse parking lot. Two Weeks!! Let's Drink!!!!!

Back