Loveless styled utility with tapered liners.

hello. this knife has a 3 1/8" blade. it is made from cpm-154 and was treated by peters heat treat. this is my first time using genuine mother of pearl, grade A from culpepper and my most expensive handle material to date. it was just over 1/8" thick, and with my tapered tang being .030" it was very thin at the end of the tang and would not have felt good in the hand. i decided to try tapering some g10 liners on the surface grinder. it worked well. the end of the handle is slightly wider than the front and feels good when holding it. the domed pins, thong tube and soldered guard are stainless also. this comes with an inside waist band carry sheath. the knife stays close to the body and is undetectable beneath a shirt. the angle of the sheath follows the body cleft between the leg and waist, it is a comfortable way to carry and easily accessible. thanks for looking and have a great weekend ! john
DSC_0569 by john april, on Flickr
DSC_0572 by john april, on Flickr
DSC_0573 by john april, on Flickr
DSC_0575 by john april, on Flickr
DSC_0576 by john april, on Flickr
DSC_0580 by john april, on Flickr
DSC_0593 by john april, on Flickr

Love your extraordinary handle treatment with the ‘reverse-taper’ of the liners....a very creative work around and what looks to be the perfect solution.

Looks like you’ve got the use of stainless down, too. :)

Beautiful knife my friend.

nice job on those pins

Damn, John, that is superb! Great idea for the reverse taper liners, and the MOP is sweeeeeeet!

Beautiful! And your work around for the mother of pearl looks great.
Cool sheath too, though I'm not sure it matches the elegance of the knife.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
makes a hack knife modder such as my self painfully aware of why I will never make a finished knife.
Takes some serious talent !

Back