LT Wright "kitchen" knives?

https://www.ltwrightknives.com/cookcraft-collection.html

I am looking for a thin 'utility' knife and one to travel with (post-COVID) for simple food prep, I ran across a post about the Traveler on the error'net about 'comfortable knives' to use.

img_3867.jpg

This one seems to tick a lot of my boxes being thin (3/32nds) stock and priced reasonably at ~$150. AEB-L steel looks like a great choice for corrosion resistance and general durability and edge holding.

What other similar options should I look at? And, I'll head the first one off at the pass, a cheap Hickory or similar brand butcher knife has its place but, I find them to be super soft with scales that will splinter. I'm looking for something better than a cheap stamped 'chef' knife from China for ~$20.

Thoughts and suggestions?

TIA,
Sid

I think LTWK is a good outfit, although it seems that this set is cheaper if purchased separately than as a set.

If you add the cost of the extras, the full set is the same price as buying the pieces individually.

I have this knife.... It's a Dream. I Really like it. Let me know if you have Any questions. I'm at work, otherwise I'd take a couple pics....

When you first pick it up, you think "meh".... which is a Mistake. I love boring knives, this really is.... but in a Good way. Kinda like the Kephart is. But the more you hold it, and play with it, and Use it, It's really Genius.

I'd love to be there when they designed it, and heard about what they wanted it to be. It's a really cool knife. Hard to describe.
I think of it more of a Gentleman's Bowie, than a kitchen knife.
A mix between a Bowie and a Kephart.... Really That's the Best endorsement I can give. You cant go wrong.

It's Long, thin, and slicely. The handle is Crazy Long! you are like What???
but then when using it in Every hand position, it just makes sense!
It's a total "sleeper knife" and really should be More popular. If I ever lost mine, I'd buy another that day.

I have this knife.... It's a Dream. I Really like it. Let me know if you have Any questions. I'm at work, otherwise I'd take a couple pics....

When you first pick it up, you think "meh".... which is a Mistake. I love boring knives, this really is.... but in a Good way. Kinda like the Kephart is. But the more you hold it, and play with it, and Use it, It's really Genius.

I'd love to be there when they designed it, and heard about what they wanted it to be. It's a really cool knife. Hard to describe.
I think of it more of a Gentleman's Bowie, than a kitchen knife.
A mix between a Bowie and a Kephart.... Really That's the Best endorsement I can give. You cant go wrong.

It's a total "sleeper knife" and really should be More popular. If I ever lost mine, I'd buy another that day.

The Only thing I'd ponder on is that they make a similar/smaller knife called the Large Pouter.
I like the looks of that one too, and I'd like to try it out? But the Traveler is almost perfect for me, and the subtle differences between the two isn't enough for me to buy it. Yet.

I think basically it's just a bit shorter, especially in the handle.
but I like a good length handle for its versatility.

Thanks! It sounds like a winner and a real sleeper too!

Back