M.U.C.K. - 2nd Run in CPM 3V - Official List

I updated the 2nd post with pics of the sheaths. :thumbup:

I see I see, it all makes sense now. So can you update the list and put me down for the black JRE leather, left handed of course. I don't mind waiting for this knife but I'm indecisive as it is, I have way to much time to think about whether or not I made the right choices on handle material, colour, sheath, and liner colour, thats whats really getting to me.

Shoot me an email so I have a record. Thanks!

Back in production on these MUCKs! :thumbup:

I was waiting for blades to be done and now we're ready to go.

I'll post pics of the bare blades here in a minute...

Dan

Here ya go!

MUCK-Blade-Blanks.jpg

Dan

How is the balance in these new skeletonized MUCKs compared to the earlier versions with the drilled holes?

I really like mine... still beating on it! I convexed the edge on the belt sander and smoothed the blade a little with some 3M pads. Also smoothed the handle a little to round the edges a bit more. It's become one of my favorites... infact it is the only mid-sized knife I still own.

All MUCKs have been skeletonized. The drilled holes version was just the prototype. The balance is the nearly the same. It actually matters quite a bit what handle material is on it. G10, Ironwood, adding liners....all brings the balance "back in the hand" more.

Dan

All MUCKs have been skeletonized. The drilled holes version was just the prototype. The balance is the nearly the same. It actually matters quite a bit what handle material is on it. G10, Ironwood, adding liners....all brings the balance "back in the hand" more.

Dan

Ooooh, that's good to know. I always assumed mine was drilled out since those were the only pics I remember seeing.

I've got micarta on mine for the lighter weight. And I love how natural micarta looks as it ages and gets worn.

Same here - the most "natural" feeling of my synthetic materials. It's what's on the MUCK I take with me on every camping trip. Love it.

Dan

37 knives in that photo, are they all spoken for or is there still room to get on your list for this batch?

Those are all actually spoken for - but the MUCK list is always open. I work in batches, doing 10 or 20 at a time.

Just drop by my Orders page to submit an order: http://kosterknives.com/orders

:thumbup:

Dan

This might be a stupid question, but are the grommets on the kydex sheath spaced for a Tek-Lok type fastener or something like that? If not, how do people like to mount the kydex sheath?

Yes - I set up all kydex sheaths for the TekLok system (1" spacing). And as an added bonus, I set it up to also work with it on a diagonal, for canted horizontal carry.

Dan

Still need to get blades heat-treated. I do update the status as soon as I do the work. I had to get some Bushcraft and ShortNess knives done while I was waiting for the steel and blades to be finished. It's all a balancing act. Thanks for checking in!

Dan

Dan, just wondering where I was standing on the MUCK. I will be in Rogers , teaching from 5/6 - 5/10.. Want to stop by and say howdy. Thanks , Sutty

Yes - yours is near the top of this batch. Not a problem.

Dan

Back