1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

M390 Sharpening Issues

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by CdnMitch, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Definitely notice I have good days and bad days.

If you ever feel like “why won’t this knife get sharp? I’ll keep trying and hopefully it will get sharp in the next 5 mins.” Then just put the knife down and come back to it. If I ever feel like “I hope this is done soon.” I am probably already having a bad sharpening day.

Eli Chaps likes this.
  2. Rey HRH

Rey HRH

Oct 6, 2014
    If you've sharpened plenty of knives before, the question then is: have you ever been able to sharpen this particular knife? Maybe it's had a bad edge from the get go and you need to form/repair the bevel first to get it to be two planes meeting at a clean edge.