M5 polymer sheath

Can I buy it anywhere individually?

I'll soon get Sleipner M5, olive handle and leather sheath, but I'd like to have both sheath options.

Only leather ones seem to be sold individually though.

I'm in Europe BTW. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Not much out there unless you mail yours in for fitting. I have an Armatus sheath for my T5 and like it. They do have the T5 sheath available as ready made however they do not for the M5. Sounds like they have a quick turnaround for the one you have to ship to them. Patriot Leather does make them for the M5 but I have never dealt with them.

Not much out there unless you mail yours in for fitting. I have an Armatus sheath for my T5 and like it. They do have the T5 sheath available as ready made however they do not for the M5. Sounds like they have a quick turnaround for the one you have to ship to them. Patriot Leather does make them for the M5 but I have never dealt with them.
Well I sold the knife in meanwhile so I guess I no longer have an issue šŸ˜‚

Were you not happy with the M5?
The knife was OK.

Good ergonomics.
Good materials.
Excellent fit and finish.
Very beautiful.
Chopped decently for it's size, and sliced nicely too.
Sleipner steel held the edge well, and had no issues with chopping and similar stuff.
Despite clip point and hollow grind - the tip had meat behind it and was sturdy.

It is a good knife.

But, here are the issues.

1. While you chop and use it for other stuff - you have to keep adjusting your grip between the hits, as the base of handle isn't flared so it wants to fly out.
2. Leather sheath was just way too stiff for my taste. And I don't want to either use both hands each time I wanna pull my knife out or give myself a wedgie...
3. I have Warcraft tanto that outperforms it by large margin...
4. I felt silly after it got outperformed by Real Steel Sorrow which had better handle ergonomics (mainly finger choil), stayed sharp longer, chopped better, survived everything that M5 survived with 0 damage, and was still 40% cheaper even though I had free shipping on M5 - and to add the insult to the injury - it comes with way better sheath too...

For those reasons I just let it go...

For the future I know who makes the kydex sheath for the M5: he is in Bologna (Italy)
Look for OBE Knives on Facebook, he Is a gentle giant, honest in price for high quality custom made kydex works

For the future I know who makes the kydex sheath for the M5: he is in Bologna (Italy)
Look for OBE Knives on Facebook, he Is a gentle giant, honest in price for high quality custom made kydex works
...or, OS Kydex Sheaths....from Germany. Top quality...

...but I really hope Lionsteel (One day!) Will give to customers the Freedom to choose between leather and kydex for the whole catalogue of their fixed knives....

Back