M6 Sheath authenticity

sheath authentic?

• Yes, Authentic

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Fake

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Need some assistance. I have an M6 Milsco sheath for model M3 trench knife and would like review on authenticity. Yes, I have books and done research but questioning this one a little. First, it is in better shape than I have personally had in my hands to review so that is my first concern. If any of you are semi-experts I'd appreciate your thoughts please. thanks

IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2064.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2059.jpg

A while back I did some research for a fellow on the hardware in those sheaths and holsters of the time period. He wanted them for a recreation society. I found that some things like the "press the dot" snaps are easy enough to find, but other items are not so much. Those oval staples and the apparatus at the mouth of the sheath were evidently manufactured for the military only, unless someone knows a little shop in the alley in Borger Texas where the fellow has a bunch of surplus hardware.
In short, it is very difficult to fake one of those sheaths, unless you have a source for the hardware, then it makes them kind of not worth the expense eh?
By the way, those WW2 recreation guys are amazingly fussy about every little detail, their costumes are correct down to the type of thread used to sew on the buttons, amazing people.

Love the old stuff. I have a mid-1944 Ka-Bar that belonged to my dad that has the original sheath; I think he came by it from a Navy Pilot while he was in the service during the 60's. Unfortunately the snap on the restraining strap is torn off but it's still a cool old piece of history to have.

Back