Madd Maxx Question

If the Madd Maxx is outfitted for tip-up carry, will the manual model wave open reliably using the round deployment thumbstuds? It appears that it would.

I read Charlie Mike saying to grind one of them off but Charlie has always been a little dedicated to the goal and doesn' care about lopping things off IMHO. :D

It appears that it would wave open as it arrives (barring the need to switch the clip).

Has anyone done this or have any advice? This may be a bad idea in my head too. Thought I'd ask. Thanks, :)

Give the man a call himself and ask. These questions are best posed to the man. He prob has one lying around in the shop he can just try.

Well, I could do that but don't want to bother Darrel with every little question. Figured someone would know? I only call a knifemaker if I have money to spend - not to ask questions. I don't mean to sound smart-*ss hark but I've read that they sould and read that they couldn't - go figure huh. :eek:

If the Madd Maxx is outfitted for tip-up carry, will the manual model wave open reliably using the round deployment thumbstuds? It appears that it would.

I read Charlie Mike saying to grind one of them off but Charlie has always been a little dedicated to the goal and doesn' care about lopping things off IMHO. :D

It appears that it would wave open as it arrives (barring the need to switch the clip).

Has anyone done this or have any advice? This may be a bad idea in my head too. Thought I'd ask. Thanks, :)

CZ, Yes Charlie is known for his unique modifications.
We do not condone anyone using the ears on the MAXX as a wave feature.
What you do is up to you.
The ears were designed as a guard only.
Quite by mistake some have opened the knife in that pocket pull manner.
The MAXX design was introduced before the wave hit the market if my memory served me. I just think it was one of those features that cross paths.

CZ, Yes Charlie is known for his unique modifications.
We do not condone anyone using the ears on the MAXX as a wave feature.
What you do is up to you.
The ears were designed as a guard only.
Quite by mistake some have opened the knife in that pocket pull manner.
The MAXX design was introduced before the wave hit the market if my memory served me. I just think it was one of those features that cross paths.

Thanks Darrel. Any news on a possible release of an HTM Gun Hammer sporting a blade over 3.5 inches? I just wondered if it was something you were considering or not. :)

Back