Made a career move

Bmurray

Gold Member
I worked for a machine tool builder for 28 years till last summer. I left and went with a smaller company in similar bisiness as their VP of sales. However yesterday I made the decision to go off on my own as a rep for this company instead of being a direct employee. I also have an enormous opportunity to sell the other machine tool lines directly that I've work closely with. Two machine lines even go with me versus the current company. It's a bit scary without a small salary but I felt it was time. The payback will be huge as I have many customers that have followed me and will again. Wish me luck.

Congratulations on the step forward down your own path! I wish you all the best on your journey!

I’ve no doubt you’re making the right decision at this point in your career. Time to cash in on all those contacts you’ve made over the years!

We all know your secret plan. You just want more a flexible schedule so you can get more time on those dirt bikes. Seriously, though, good luck.

Awesome! Small world out there when you pulled up the plans for the ammo at Lake City and we talked tools. Thanks for taking the time to help me understand.

I worked for a machine tool builder for 28 years till last summer. I left and went with a smaller company in similar bisiness as their VP of sales. However yesterday I made the decision to go off on my own as a rep for this company instead of being a direct employee. I also have an enormous opportunity to sell the other machine tool lines directly that I've work closely with. Two machine lines even go with me versus the current company. It's a bit scary without a small salary but I felt it was time. The payback will be huge as I have many customers that have followed me and will again. Wish me luck.

Good luck Bob!!

I worked for a fortune 100 manufacturer. Field reps were extremely knowledgeable of the products, competition and market dynamics. Worth every penny of the impressive commissions. Great move to leverage those contacts and your knowledge!

Back