1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Made a sheath for my KFU

Discussion in 'Backwoods & KFU Custom Handmade Knives' started by bonafide, Dec 21, 2013.

1. bonafide

bonafide Leather Sheathmaker, JouFuu Leathers Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2013
    Been spending some time on my sheath work .. made this one for my smaller KFU camp-style (sorry, dont know the model names). All leather done with hand tools.

[​IMG]

2. xxkcxx

xxkcxx Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Very nice!

3. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    nice work!

4. ac700wildcat

ac700wildcat

May 24, 2011
    That's s pretty nice lookin sheath!!

5. mrn8

mrn8

Jun 8, 2007
    Lookin good! Are the edges done with extra coats of dye or a darker color?

6. bonafide

bonafide Leather Sheathmaker, JouFuu Leathers Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2013
    Good catch. The edges are black - as well as the backside of the belt loop. The outer color is Mahogany - inside British Tan.

7. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Very nice!
    That knife deserves a good sheath.

8. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    Looks great. nice work. and, if that's the knife you got from Myke (who got it from me), i believe the model was called the Tennessee Hunter. Just an fyi.

9. bonafide

Jul 20, 2013
    Thank you. It is the one I bought from Myke. I like the model name .. I'm originally from TN. :)

10. mykel m

Sep 11, 2009
    That's cool.

11. bonafide

Jul 20, 2013
    Made a new sheath for my KFU Choppa' .. first attempt at a stacked design sheath. Some imperfections, but I REALLY like how it turned out. This is my favorite knife I own .. and I own quite a few. ;)

[​IMG]

12. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    looking good!

13. mykel m

Sep 11, 2009
    Lookin' damn good!

14. bonafide

Jul 20, 2013
    Thanks guys. It was quite an adventure to make it come together and took me a few days .. working on it a few hours every night. :)

15. The Warrior

The Warrior ◄►Dubz◄► Moderator Gold Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Nice work man, awesome looking combo.

16. deltablade

deltablade Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2006
    looks really good. did you use a video to help you get started making sheaths? I am trying to get started, yet seem stuck for some reason

17. bonafide

Jul 20, 2013
    Not a first. I started making sheaths for my tomahawks. Simple stacks with a welt and snap closure. I have watched some videos recently and they helped me get over some difficulties and mistakes I didnt realize I was making. From tomahawks to knives started after I bought a knife from a local knife maker (David Farmer) and it came with one of his pouch sheaths. I tried tooling after reading a sheath 'how to' tutorial on knife maker's website.

18. KFU

KFU Part Time Knifemaker, Moderator

Sep 10, 2007
    Nice work!