Made an addition to my RAT7 Sheath...

I know its not the best, but it was my first one, so gimme a break, haha. I have been wanting something other than the standard string that came on the sheath to tie around my leg. I decided to make a paracord leg strap. I ended up using right at 23 feet of cord. If something happens to me while I am out hiking/camping, I will have quite a bit of cordage to use, not to mention the other items I will be adding this to soon. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0006.jpg

I know i need to cut the ends yet, but i am trying to see if I can weave them back through so that I have a little extra cordage. All depends on how it looks.

Sorry for the crappy picture, but i'm beat for work and really didn't feel like doing anything else.

Thanks. It ended up being a little more snug than i would like, so (fortunately for me i didn't cut the ends) I took it apart and redid it, haha. I made it about 1.5 inches longer so I would have little play in it. Now it's good to go, and the knots are tighter.

I did not Braid a para cord strap but I ran mine from bottom holes up to the belt loop double up straps to make a sling to toss on your back..works great being I keep the RAT7 in my Truck with a small fishing kit and the S.O.L. kit coupled with SAK"hiker" model and LMF "army" firesteel.

what type of braid did you use, because i have been thinking about making a survival bracelet and it looks like the same cobra stitch weave.

Man, I like this idea. That way you can put it on or take it off quickly. Great idea.:cool:

Back