Mail Call Thread

I just got my Jest Bolo in the mail today! I thought it would be a good idea if we had a place to post our Siegle knives as they land.

Here is my score from today...

JEST Bolo in natural G10 over red G10 liners. 1/4in thick 5160. 15 5/8in overall with a 10 1/8in blade tip to handle.

The handle is very comfortable...

Had to take it for a small test drive..

A little bigger...

Another sapling...

Bites in nice and deep...

Can it do some fine work?

How does it perform in the kitchen you ask?

Only kidding...I got to tell you guys after an hour this is my new favorite knife I own! Just an absolute homerun!!! It's just a beauty and a beast all in one. I really love everything about it. It performed like a champ and was just a pleasure to use. Bill really nailed it with the handle design and the natural G-10 and red liners look so much better in person then they do in the pics, love the uniqueness.

Gonna have 710 make me a nice leather drop attachment for this and it'll be perfect!

Glad you like it! The JEST Bolos are some of my favorite knives to make! The design works so well!

Man that's a darn good looking knife! Thick and heavy. Real nice!

love that handle color play, absolutely beautiful!

Talking of. Mail call. I just posted I would take the Siegle Merc that is on the exchange. Look forward to using that beast!!!!

I nearly pulled the trigger several times on that Jest Bolo (and the one before it) but I was uncertain about something...so I will ask the Siegle crowd:
-How does the Hoodlum II compare/contrast in shape or feel to that Jest Bolo? I have a Hoodlum II that I really dig. So, is it different enough to justify adding to the family?

Blair. I am sorry I can't help with that one. I don't have any of the Hoodlums. I have a design like the Jest bolo and find it very use full. I have a 5/16 thick SAR 6 that even being so thick I have gutted a lot of deer with and skinned them. Bill is a master at making functional blades. With this latest purchase I have 5 of them in a Bowie pattern. One he named the bull dozier that is 5/16 thick and 2 inches plus wide with a 9 1/2 inch blade. There is nothing that knife can not perform. Sorry to ramble and not have an answer for ya I say if your interested to pick one up!

I nearly pulled the trigger several times on that Jest Bolo (and the one before it) but I was uncertain about something...so I will ask the Siegle crowd:
-How does the Hoodlum II compare/contrast in shape or feel to that Jest Bolo? I have a Hoodlum II that I really dig. So, is it different enough to justify adding to the family?

The JEST Pattern and the HoodlumII are very close in their designs. Being the marketing expert that I am, I can't really say owning both in the same size blade would be a necessity, but to me they are different knives. It could be because most of the HoodlumIIs out there have 10-11inch blades and I am making many of the JEST Bolos in either a 12-13inch or an 8-10in blade. In the larger size the JEST will out chop the HoodlumII and it the smaller size the JEST feels less "chop specific" and more general purpose task oriented. My personal preference is for the JEST pattern but who knows when I might change my mind :)

Extremely excited!!! Just got my Merc in the mail let me just say this is more of a fighting knife design. Will definitely put it through the paces in the woods!! It has a 2 inch wide 11 1/8 inch 1/4 thick blade. As always I am very impressed with Bill's craftsmanship!!!!

Extremely excited!!! Just got my Merc in the mail let me just say this is more of a fighting knife design. Will definitely put it through the paces in the woods!! It has a 2 inch wide 11 1/8 inch 1/4 thick blade. As always I am very impressed with Bill's craftsmanship!!!!

Damn man that's a hunk of steel! Can't wait to see some action shots and you thoughts on performance. Bill's as good as a guy as he is a knife maker...well almost.

I had one of those Mercs for awhile.
Always regretted getting rid of it...
Congrats BigCountry! Enjoy that beast!
And post some pics...:D

Back