Major Bummer - had to cancel FSH

Well, the title says it all. I just got off the phone with Dave, I had to cancel my FSH. I got hit by a car while biking a few weeks ago, and initially thought I was fine. My ankle was sore and I sprained my wrist when I landed but since I was able to walk away I assumed everyting was okay. Well, several weeks later the ankle is still sore, so I went to the doctor and discovered that I have a hairline fracture. As a student with no insurance right now, that meant I have to pay for an air cast x- rays etc.. which therefore necessitated that I cancel my order. Major Bummer. However, Dave was very helpful and hopefully I'll be able to afford to buy one from the company store. I hate all you car drivers now.

Lagarto

so to hear.. glad it wasn't worse
Don't worry bout the FSH.. they will pop up soon enough and the company store will be here

Feel better and get well :cool:

KAAK

Mike H. It was an H&R and I didn't get their plates, otherwise believe me, I would have done some legal wrangling. Unfortunately, that sort of thing happens all the time in this town. It's poorly laid out,with few bike lanes and the traffic patterns make not much sense. Plus, it's a college town, so you get a lot of people who drive like idiots, and at least at night, may have had too much to drink. KAAK, thanks for the support, at least it's not worse. I mean I was still able to walk on it for several weeks, so the damage obviously isn't that extensive. Doctor just thought I should use the cast for 1- 2 weeks to take some of the stress off it so it can heal properly. Also, I was able to go through student health which saved me some. Luckily bills won't be over $400 to $450 I hope, but when you're living on a budget it sucks, since that was just a little more than I had set aside for the FSH. Oh well, could have been worse, I might have wound up like forumite MaximusOtter who had to remain in the hospital for several days (weeks?) after his bike accident. It's payday soon, so maybe I'll buy a swamprat instead, same basic quality, but a lot less costly. (Sorry for the long reply)

lagarto said:
It's payday soon, so maybe I'll buy a swamprat instead, same basic quality, but a lot less costly. (Sorry for the long reply)

nahhh... just buy something to drink (the hair of the dog that bit you) and throw the rest of the $$$ in a piggy bank

Your FSH will come to you one day, it just needs time to adjust :D :rolleyes: ;)

I don't know what an "air cast" is but it must not be a normal cast. Last winter I took a friend to the hospital for a broken arm after she slipped down icy steps. She didn't have insurance either and walked away with a bill for over $1000. We were only there for four or five hours.

Lagarto"

Sorry to hear about your misfortune,,,but it could have been much worse, just consider yourself lucky that it wasnt as bad as it is, you will always be able to find FSH later down the line. :cool:

Dark Nemesis,
An Aircast is one of those soft inflatable casts which are only semi-rigid. If I understand right they are used more for support rather than complete immobilization as plaster ones are used. Also, this was only a hairline fracture as opposed to a complete break which is good news. Galaxytech, you're right it could have been a lot worse.
Lagarto

Eric Isaacson

Pirate
Lagarto,
I'm sorry to hear that you had to cancel the FSH, but I'm glad that you weren't not hurt more seriously.

You'll be able to find another FSH, another ankle is a harder find

:D:D