Make a GI Bowie like the GI Tanto

What would everyone think if CS brought out a GI Bowie. Same as the GI Tanto (which I have several) but with a Bowie shaped blade. Same specs, same cost. I really don't think that they could make them fast enough to keep up with sales. The GI Tanto has really become the knife to buy to mod with various patinas, so ......what do you think.
Come on CS You can do it.

yep. id buy one. i dont own the gi tanto. tanto doesnt always appeal to me on many knives. bowie hard to not like on all knives.:)

I'd buy one in a second, I have an older GI Tanto with the wrapped handle, I like the plastic scale version better but it it a solid knife. I just dislike tanto style blades and much prefer a drop or clip point.

This has been discussed many times in the past. The consensus has always been that it would be a great idea and an outstanding seller. :thumbsup: CS even showed one (in camo finish) as part of a collab line of knives with Buck Medley that never came to fruition, afaik.

edit: Pic!

giclippoint.jpg

This has been discussed many times in the past. The consensus has always been that it would be a great idea and an outstanding seller. :thumbsup: CS even showed one (in camo finish) as part of a collab line of knives with Buck Medley that never came to fruition, afaik.

edit: Pic!

giclippoint.jpg
Never heard of that being discussed before. Thanks. Now I have seen that image.....want one even more

YouTuber Virtuovice made a nice bowie-mod on the GI Tanto.

I have seen Virtuovoice and love his vids. I was worried about grinding too much of the blade temper off. But I suppose if he has.... Hey, heaps of people are modding them on Youtube. Just a thought anyway. Love mine to throw and I have actually stabbed it into a coconut with no tip damage - just to see if I could. Great knives.

Take a few of those Buck Medley collaboration GI Bowies but no need for the camo. Just black blade with black scales would be fine with me.

+1 on no choil and more blade. I swear I saw a pic of a spear point version one time, wish I had saved it.

Back