Maker David Mirabile?

Here is a little one that caught my fancy. A bit over 6 1/2 inches overall, makers own Damascus, cord wrap over oosic handle, rayskin over kydex sheath.
I was not familiar with the maker and wondered if anyone knows about his work? He is a Journeysmith out of Alaska by the name of David Mirabile.

(picture from BladeGallery, thanks Daniel)

He's been a regular at the Reno show. I like him. His stuff is different, and he does a lot of designs that take an original Indian or Inuit concept and push it to new territories. I've seen quite a few big, near scultural pieces from him. He does a lot of organic looking damascus.

He's a very affable guy too.

I agree with Joss - David's work is very good. His larger ethnic pieces are awesome! The one you're looking at on Blade Gallery is like one of his I got in Reno this year:

It's a very cool knife and perfect for using if desired. The inclusion of a native artifact is a nice touch also.
ALSO: David has made a knife for the ABS auction at BLADE in June. Check it out here: http://www.americanbladesmith.com/Journeyman05.htm

Thanks, guys. By the way, the one I posted is no longer on Blade Gallery. It is headed for Tejas ;)

it's a nice looking piece and one that i actually had my eye on, but couldn't make up my mind about. let us know what you think of it when you get it.

David is a good friend of mine and a great bladesmith!

His work is completely different from the main-stream stuff... and I love that about his stuff.

His knives are very flowing and well executed.

Due to his thick, long hair in a pony-tail, he is also known to his buddies as, "the Alaskan hair farmer"! :D

It's not every day you meet a maker that's built like a gorilla, has a thick Boston accent, lives in Alaska, and makes native influenced knives!!! :D

-Nick-

Thankyou for the kind words, especially you Nick.
Thomason, thankyou for the purchase from Blade Gallery. It has been a good outlet for me outside of Alaska.
I only do two or three shows a year as flying from Alaska gets pretty expensive.
I will be in Atlanta...My table is 14-O, stop by and say hello, I'll try to be the affable guy that Joss says I am.
David

Welcome to the forum David!!! :D

If I had known you would end up reading that, I would have told them what I REALLY think about you! :p

Just kidding my friend... hope you find some time to post here. Your contributions would really add a lot to this forum... AND, open many eyes to your style.

-Nick-

Man I love this place! You just mention that you bought a new knife and the guy that made it checks in to say hello.

Welcome David.., I did see your stuff in Reno also..., very nice stuff!

Thanks for sharing guys.... :)

D.Mirabile said:
Thankyou for the kind words, especially you Nick.
Thomason, thankyou for the purchase from Blade Gallery. It has been a good outlet for me outside of Alaska.
I only do two or three shows a year as flying from Alaska gets pretty expensive.
I will be in Atlanta...My table is 14-O, stop by and say hello, I'll try to be the affable guy that Joss says I am.
David

uh oh.......................he got a computer!!!!!! :D :eek: :D

Back