Maker's Liability?

The # knife used in a domestic dispute is a kitchen knife. I have never heard of someone suing a cutlery company because one of their knives was used against someone.

The best advice I've heard yet is to call your shop a "Studio" and you're an artist - 3D metal. In my "studio" I have several other metal objects that I've made that are not knives, which should pretty much prove the point. I guess that would not keep my ins co from cancelling me if they saw me making knives, but I ain't telling unless they ask. But whenever I talk about my shop, it's my "studio." Makes the dirt under my fingernails a little classier. :D

Dave

I think if you gave a razor sharp knife to a 4 year old. You would be responsible if he hurt himself. If someone bought your knife and they gave it to a 4 year old and he hurt mimself they would be responsible.

All the rest people need to be responsible for their own action.

How far do you go blame the steal maker, blame the miner lets go right back to the cause someone wants a knife so the miner mines the steel and the maker sells the knife to the person who wanted it.

Hang on isn't he the **** who is trying to sue you now. Lets sue his parrents for making him.

Sorry I think the whole liability thing can be pushed a bit too far.
Keep up the fine work all you makers. Is a knife any less a tool than a hammer. Is a hammer any less capable of killing someone.

Back