Maker's mark on kydex

How have folks marked their sheaths?

I have tried various ways, but not thrilled with any so far.
I am currently using my leather sheath maker's mark stamp, mounted in my drill press.
I heat the area with a wooden mask sized to have a hole the size of my stamp.
I heat the area up with a heat gun with a focusing tube on it, then quickly remove the mask and press the stamp down into the kydex, with the blade in the sheath as a backer (this is the last step).
I hold the pressure for about 15 seconds.
Not too bad...

Interested in how others do this.
I like Azwelke's mark, sent him a note but have not heard back (I know he is a busy guy, so no worries).
Almost looks like he is using a hot branding iron or something.

I plan to ask Buckeye stamps as well.

But what has worked for you?

Thanks,
Brome

A friend of mine who does polymer frame customizing and kydex work recommended a 3D printed metal tip that fits in a handheld soldering iron.

How have folks marked their sheaths?

I have tried various ways, but not thrilled with any so far.
I am currently using my leather sheath maker's mark stamp, mounted in my drill press.
I heat the area with a wooden mask sized to have a hole the size of my stamp.
I heat the area up with a heat gun with a focusing tube on it, then quickly remove the mask and press the stamp down into the kydex, with the blade in the sheath as a backer (this is the last step).
I hold the pressure for about 15 seconds.
Not too bad...

Interested in how others do this.
I like Azwelke's mark, sent him a note but have not heard back (I know he is a busy guy, so no worries).
Almost looks like he is using a hot branding iron or something.

I plan to ask Buckeye stamps as well.

But what has worked for you?

Thanks,
Brome
Thank you, and I apologize, I must've missed your email. You can order custom tips and soldering irons from a site called brandingirons.com

I hope that helps.

Al

Back