Maker's Mark

Thanks to everyone for your input in the "Seeking Opinions" thread on my maker's mark. I truly appreciate the good direction you all helped steer me in. I have merged that thread into my original "Maker's Mark" thread, and am pleased to say that I have placed my order for the new mark. Here is what I have coming in the first batch (image reasonably downsized for display on the forum):

Maple DMC 15N20 small.jpg
Maple DMC 1084 small.jpg
Maple DMC AEB-L small.jpg
Maple DMC LC200N small.jpg
Maple DMC Regrind small.jpg

David, looks great! It looks like you plan on being around awhile which I for one believe is wonderful.:) When can I send my blades with no Mark back to you to get signed?:eek::rolleyes::) ( Hopefully you realize that’s just joking)

David, looks great! It looks like you plan on being around awhile which I for one believe is wonderful.:) When can I send my blades with no Mark back to you to get signed?:eek::rolleyes::) ( Hopefully you realize that’s just joking)

I have been thinking that each year I will probably update my mark slightly, and it will be a way that my progression as a maker can be charted. We already know my 2020 maker's mark, and now this will be my 2021 mark, and so on.

That being said, anyone who still has an unsigned knife from me is welcome to send it back for a mark. Knives I made in 2020 (or earlier) will get my 2020 mark. If I were further ahead financially I would not ask anything for this, but for now I will ask for return shipping and a small fee for stencil consumption, probably $10 per knife. And I will be sure to give the knife the spa treatment too, including sharpening and I'd put a little something extra in the package as a thank you.

I have been thinking that each year I will probably update my mark slightly, and it will be a way that my progression as a maker can be charted. We already know my 2020 maker's mark, and now this will be my 2021 mark, and so on.

That being said, anyone who still has an unsigned knife from me is welcome to send it back for a mark. Knives I made in 2020 (or earlier) will get my 2020 mark. If I were further ahead financially I would not ask anything for this, but for now I will ask for return shipping and a small fee for stencil consumption, probably $10 per knife. And I will be sure to give the knife the spa treatment too, including sharpening and I'd put a little something extra in the package as a thank you.

oh I definitely am going to get in on this. That’s the only thing missing from my EDChef, the name of the guy who made it

I've decided I will mark any knife I made prior to my maker's mark at no charge, except return shipping, offer open as of today, Monday July 5. You (anyone with a knife I made that is unmarked) may send when ready. Bear in mind carbon knives may lose some darkness to their patina on that side of the blade, as I touch the blades to a fine scotchbrite belt after marking to clean up the etch. If you need the address, email or PM me.

I was thinking of slightly updating my mark each year going forward, but the problem is I really like my current mark, and not sure what I would change. Open to thoughts

Back