Malan (again)...

birdave

Gold Member
My original thread was closed, because I posted my question below, in two forums.
So here we go again...

A few years ago I contacted a knife maker (auto. stiletto maker) by the name of Mark Allan Anderson. He also went by the moniker Malan. Does anyone know if he passed away, or if he's still with us here, above ground? I haven't seen any of his work in years and I don't recall where I first saw his work, nor do I have contact info. for him any longer.

If anyone knows about him, all info. you could supply would be greatly appreciated.

Stay safe, birdave.

Any reference to custom stilettos peaks my interest. I never heard of the guy, so I took a look around the internet. I saw one of his knives at Arizona Customs (nice looking knife).

I don't know if this is the guy you're looking for, but this obituary for a guy with the same name also mentions that he was a custom knife maker. What are the chances it's a different guy.

http://coloradomusic.org/local-bassist-mark-alan-anderson-dies/

killgar,
Thanks very much for your reply and the info., Truly appreciated! Yeah, I saw the stiletto of his that AZCK had. A REAL BEAUTY! I contacted Malan (Mark Allan Anderson) about ten years ago, to ask if he'd make me a custom stiletto. He was very personable and willing to help. He seemed glad that I contacted him. He was supposed to get back to me, about the knife details, but never did. When I reached out to him after that, I never got a reply. I was surprised, as he and I had a great, first conversation.

If the link to the obituary you sent, is in fact for the same guy, I'm very sorry to see that he passed.
Thank you again, for your help and research.
Let's hope it's not the same Malan, as in the obituary and that he resurfaces some day, with his incredible knife making skills. I don't recall where I saw examples of his stilettos, but I do remember they were All spectacular!

Stay safe, Joe (birdave in BF).

Back